Each week, SonicWall collects the cyber security industry’s most compelling, trending and important interviews, media and news stories — just for you.
Cybersecurity and the future of work: How much can we predict? – Silicon Republic (Ireland)
- SonicWall CEO Bill Conner, talking to Silicon Republic, shares his thoughts on battling the growth areas of cybercrime over the coming years.
US Indicts North Korean Over Sony, Bank and WannaCry Attacks – Infosecurity magazine
- The U.S. Justice Department has formally charged a hacker in connection with cybercrimes that they are directly connecting to the North Korean government. SonicWall’s Bill Conner is featured as a security expert on the issue.
Cyber Security News
- A week after the Air Canada security leak another major security breach in an Airline, this time British Airways, has been dominating news headlines. Names, email address and credit card information from over 380,000 transactions have been compromised.
- The Register talks about what exactly Government intelligence services want versus what it’s likely they will be able to get in the current digital climate.
The Case for a National Cybersecurity Agency – Politico
- Gen. David Petraeus argues in Politico that national cybersecurity is in need of a complete overhaul with the creation of an independent National Cybersecurity Agency that reports directly to the President.
- Point of Sale (POS) malware is really gathering steam. ZDNet have a report on a new campaign by a cybercriminal group called FIN6 who were previously known for selling credit card numbers on the Dark Web.
More U.S. Cities Brace for ‘Inevitable’ Hackers – The Wall Street Journal
- After the city of Atlanta paid millions of dollars to ransomware attackers this year other U.S. Cities are considering their options on how to handle cyberattacks.
Obama-Themed Ransomware Also Mines for Monero – BankInfoSecurity
- They’re calling it Barack Obama’s Everlasting Blue Blackmail Virus and it doubles as a cryptocurrency miner on top of being ransomware.
In Case You Missed It
- 4 Ways to Protect Your Virtualized Infrastructure – Beau Beamesderfer
- Advancing Beyond Hygiene to Next-Gen Email Protection Services – Scott McCrady and Ganesh Umapathy
- New NIST Cybersecurity Policy Provides Guidance, Opportunities for SMBs – Geoff Blaine
- Report: Business Email Compromise (BEC) Now A $12.5 Billion Scam – Ganesh Umapathy
- Foreshadow Vulnerability (L1TF) Introduces New Risks to Intel Processors – Lawrence Pingree
- Upgrade Your SonicWall Next-Generation Firewall with ‘3 & Free’ Program – Steve Pataky