Cybersecurity News & Trends
This week hackers targeted hardware and software, with attacks on WordPress sites, printers, CPUs and the popular game “Among Us” making headlines.
SonicWall in the News
SonicWall Stresses Zero Trust, Zero Touch in 2020 — ChannelPro Network
- A look at SonicWall’s business strategy in 2020, particularly SonicWall’s Cloud Edge solution, its Boundless 2020 virtual event, and commentary from Bill Conner and Dmitriy Ayrapetov.
Best Firewalls For Small Businesses — Business Pundit
- Business Pundit has recognized SonicWall’s TZ firewall as the “Best Overall Firewall.”
SonicWall Refreshes Low Ends of TZ and NSa Firewall Portfolios and Unveils Zero Trust SonicWall Cloud Edge Secure Access — ChannelBuzz
- SonicWall adds Cloud Edge Secure Access solution and new TZ and NSa firewalls to its lineup.
Firewalls And ZTNA Solution Protect Working Environments — LANline
- LANline offers a closer look at SonicWall’s new NSa Firewalls and ZTNA solution news.
SonicWall Expands Cybersecurity with New TCO Firewalls — APN News
- SonicWall announced the expansion of its Capture Cloud Platform with the addition of the high-performance NSa 2700 firewall, three new cost-effective TZ firewall options and SASE offering debut.
The 10 Coolest Cybersecurity Startups Of 2020 — CRN
- Perimeter 81, who teamed up with SonicWall to create the Cloud Edge Secure Access solution, made CRN’s list of Coolest Cybersecurity Startups of 2020.
Cybersecurity Industry in Detroit Is Growing and Mentors Are Starting With Young People — Detroit Free Press
- In an article on how Detroit’s cybersecurity industry is growing, Bill Conner offers cybersecurity tips for remote work.
Egregor ransomware bombards victims’ printers with ransom notes — Threatpost
- The Egregor ransomware uses a novel approach to get a victim’s attention after an attack: it shoots ransom notes from all available printers.
Bitcoin hits nearly three-year peak, homes in on record — Reuters
- Bitcoin has soared to its highest level since December 2017 as the asset’s perceived quality as a hedge against inflation lured institutional and retail demand.
Trump fires CISA chief Chris Krebs, who guarded the 2020 election from interference and domestic misinformation — Cyberscoop
- President Donald Trump on Tuesday said he had fired Chris Krebs, a widely respected Department of Homeland Security official who helped protect the 2020 election from hacking and disinformation, the latest in a series of purges.
Forget Imposters. Among Us Is a Playground for Hackers — Wired
- James Sebree, a researcher for security firm Tenable, on Tuesday published a blog post laying out a slew of relatively simple, hackable vulnerabilities in Among Us.
Hackers are actively probing millions of WordPress sites — Bleeping Computer
- Unknown threat actors are scanning for WordPress websites with Epsilon Framework themes installed on over 150,000 sites and vulnerable to Function Injection attacks that could lead to full site takeovers.
Ransomware Operator Promotes Distributed Storage for Stolen Data — Dark Reading
- The criminals behind the DarkSide ransomware-as-a-service operation say the system will be harder to take down.
Hackers can use just-fixed Intel bugs to install malicious firmware on PCs — Ars Technica
- Vulnerabilities allowed hackers with physical access to override a protection Intel built into modern CPUs that prevents unauthorized firmware from running during the boot process. Known as Boot Guard, the measure is designed to anchor a chain of trust directly into the silicon to ensure that all firmware that loads is digitally signed by the computer manufacturer.
In Case You Missed It
- Making Sense of Today’s APT Groups — Brook Chelmo
- Storms Ahead: The Dark Side of the Rush to the Cloud — Osca St. Marthe
- New SonicWall Products Drive Innovation; Offer Greater Flexibility, Performance and Low TCO — Atul Dhablania
- SonicWall TZ270/370/470: Accelerating Digital Transformation for SMBs & Secure SD-Branches — Sathya Thammanur
- New SonicWall NSa 2700: High Performance and Consolidated Security at Lower TCO — Ajay Uggirala
- SonicWall Enters the SASE Race with Zero-Trust Security Integrated into a Worldwide Network-as-a-Service — Sony Kogin