This week, SonicWall partners with Etisalat Digital and appears at GITEX Technology Week 2019. Meanwhile, several governmental level warnings about cyberthreats are issued, and the Magecart group chalks up another successful month.
SonicWall, Etisalat Digital Partnership Delivers Network Security in Bundle Offer to SMBs – SonicWall Press Release
- Etisalat Digital is now offering SonicWall technology in its ‘Business Quick Start’ SMB bundle that provides businesses with telco-grade network security devices and a zero-touch feature, making installation less than one hour. SonicWall and Etisalat celebrated this news with a ceremony at GITEX Tech Week.
SonicWall at GITEX Tech Week 2019 – Tahawultech.com
- GITEX Technology Week, the biggest tech show in the Middle East, North Africa and South Asia, took place this week at the Dubai World Trade Centre. SonicWall showcased its networking and security solutions including our powerful Capture ATP with RTDMI technology. At the show, SonicWall’s Michael Berg was kept busy with interviews at outlets like Tahawultech and ChatterBoxPRE.
- Schools and school districts connecting to the internet via Wi-Fi is par for the course in 2010; SonicWall’s Srudi Dineshan lists five ways K-12 schools can protect themselves from cyber threats.
- With ransomware increasingly recognized as much more than a niche concern, CNN has created an accessible article with video and text intended to introduce the malware method and execution to a wider audience.
- A frustrated hacker, annoyed after being caught by a successful ransomware attack, analyzed the ransomware software and successfully infiltrated the online database connected to the database. As a result, he has now released a free decryption method for anyone else caught by the same ransomware.
Copycat Coders Create ‘Vulnerable’ Apps – BBC News
- A new study has found that developers who take shortcuts by copying and pasting code are leaving applications with security holes. Code chunks with no purpose have been found to be riddled with obsolete commands that could be taken advantage of by a hacker who recognized the programming.
- The European Union had issued a warning about the risk of increased cyberattacks by state-backed entities, especially with the advent of next-gen 5G mobile and Internet of Things objects.
- With the thoughts of a nationwide cyberattack on the power grid growing in people’s minds, the National Institute of Standards and Technology is seeking input from tech and cyber experts on how to secure the countless internet-connected devices that could be used as a way in to the network.
- Everyone’s least favorite online card skimming group Magecart has continued its hacking spree with another successful campaign on online retailers. In the past month the group has been found to be active on over 3 thousand online stores, including the Sesame Street Live online store.
In Case You Missed It
- 2019 North America Roadshow Series: SonicWall Showcases Complete Cybersecurity Portfolio, Capture Cloud Platform – David Bankemper
- What is Your Disaster Recovery Plan? 5 Core Practices to Ensure Business Continuity – Richard Chio
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month Focuses on Protecting Digital Identities, Being Accountable for Online Safety – Geoff Blaine
- it-SA 2019: SonicWall’s Integrated Cybersecurity Platform – Jan Patrick Schlögell
- SonicWall Hits the Road for the 2019 EMEA SecureFirst Partner Roadshow Series – Terry Greer-King
- Bill Conner: Ransomware Actively Targeting K-12 Districts, Municipalities – Geoff Blaine
- SonicWall Awarded USETPA Contract – David Bankemper