2020 has brought exponential growth in network traffic, including a 25% to 35% spike in March alone. As the demands on network firewalls continue to increase, many have struggled to keep up without becoming a bottleneck. Meanwhile, cybercriminals are becoming increasingly successful at breaching perimeter defenses using advanced techniques like encrypted threats and embedded malware.
To address this changing cybersecurity landscape, some companies have deployed multiple security point products. According to CSO Online, enterprises have an average of 75 products deployed to secure their network and cloud infrastructure. But these disparate point products pose challenges of their own, including management complexity and lack of interoperability — which in turn have led to an explosion in overall operating costs.
Today’s enterprises need a next-generation firewall that can accommodate the continuing increase in network traffic, while at the same time consolidating security controls to stop evasive threats.
Introducing SonicWall NSa 2700: A Gen 7 NGFW for Medium and Distributed Enterprises
The SonicWall Network Security Appliance (NSa) 2700 is a next-generation firewall (NGFW) that delivers industry-leading performance at the lowest total cost of ownership in its class. NSa 2700 protects mid-size networks with comprehensive integrated security services like malware analysis, encrypted traffic inspection, cloud application security and reputation services. It also supports centralized management with a truly intuitive single user interface, significantly improving operational efficiency.
SonicWall NSa 2700 includes advanced networking features such as HA/clustering, SD-WAN, dynamic routing, and virtual routing and forwarding. It combines validated security effectiveness and best-in-class price performance in a single rack unit appliance with high port density. In short, medium enterprises can now get the performance, networking and security capabilities they need from their next-generation firewalls without breaking the bank.
NSa 2700 Next Generation Firewall Highlights
Appliance at a glance
NSa 2700 is an energy-efficient, reliable appliance in a compact 1U chassis. Powered by the next-generation SonicOS 7.0 operating system, it is capable of processing millions of connections while delivering multi-gigabit threat prevention throughput. The following are a few high-level features that make NSa 2700 an attractive option for medium and distributed enterprises:
- 16 x 1 GbE interfaces
- 3 x 10 GbE interfaces
- 3 Gbps of threat prevention performance
- 6 Gbps of application inspection performance
- 5 million stateful and 500,00 DPI connections
- 21,500 connections per second
- Dedicated management port
Powered by the new SonicOS 7.0
The SonicWall NSa 2700 runs on SonicOS 7.0, a new operating system built from the ground up to deliver a modern user interface, intuitive workflows and user-first design principles. SonicOS 7.0 provides multiple features designed to facilitate enterprise-level workflows, easy configuration, and simplified and flexible management — all of which allow enterprises to improve both their security and operational efficiency.
SonicOS 7.0 features:
- Reassembly-Free Deep Packet Inspection® (RFDPI)and Real-Time Deep Memory Inspection™ (RTDMI)
- Secure SD-WAN
- High Availability/Clustering
- TLS 1.3 support
- Intuitive, single-pane-of-glass management
- Gateway Anti-Virus, Intrusion Prevention and Application Control
- Capture ATP Multi-Engine Sandboxing
- URL Filtering
More details about the new SonicOS 7.0 can be found here.
NSa 2700 Deployment Options
SonicWall NSa 2700 has two main deployment options for medium and distributed enterprises:
Internet Edge Deployment
In this standard deployment option, SonicWall NSa 2700 protects private networks from malicious traffic coming from the Internet, allowing you to:
- Deploy a proven NGFW solution with highest performance and port density (including 10 GbE connectivity) in its class
- Gain visibility and inspect encrypted traffic, including TLS 1.3, to block evasive threats coming from the Internet — all without compromising performance
- Protect your enterprise with integrated security, including malware analysis, cloud app security, URL filtering and reputation services
Medium and Distributed Enterprise Deployment
The SonicWall NSa 2700 supports SD-WAN and can be centrally managed, making it an ideal fit for medium and distributed enterprises. By leveraging NSa’s high port density, which includes 10 GbE connectivity, enterprises can support distributed branches and wide area networks. This deployment allows organizations to:
- Provide direct secure Internet access to distributed branch offices instead of back-hauling through corporate headquarters
- Allow distributed branch offices to securely access internal resources in corporate headquarters or in a public cloud, significantly improving application latency
- Reduce complexity and improve operations by using a central management system, which is accessed through an intuitive, single-pane-of-glass user interface
Overall Solution Value
The new NSa 2700 offers enterprises a best-in-class next-generation firewall with high speed and port density, all at a lower total cost of ownership. With integrated security services like malware analysis, URLF and cloud application security, NSa 2700 offers enterprises superb protection from advanced threats.
To learn more about the new NSa 2700, watch the video or click here.