This week, SonicWall expanded its Capture Cloud Platform with four new firewalls and a new Zero-Trust security solution.
SonicWall in the News
- SonicWall today announced the expansion of its Capture Cloud Platform with the addition of the high-performance NSa 2700 firewall, three new TZ firewall options, and SonicWall Cloud Edge Secure Access, which delivers easy-to-deploy, easy-to-use zero-trust security.
SonicWall Capture Advanced Threat Protection Collects ICSA Labs Certification — Company Press Release
- For the third consecutive quarter, cloud-based Capture Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) sandbox service has been vigorously tested in the detection of today’s most evasive threats and awarded the coveted ICSA Labs Advanced Threat Defense certification.
- SonicWall was recognized as the winner of the networking category for its TZ570 and TZ670 series (slide 22) and was a finalist in the security network category for its Network Security Services Platform 15700 (slide 37).
- In an article on how Detroit’s cybersecurity industry is growing, Bill Conner offers cybersecurity tips for more secure remote work.
Four New SonicWall Firewalls Announced — Storage Review
- Storage Review covers SonicWall’s latest launch, focusing on Cloud Edge Secure Access and four all-new firewalls.
- In a feature article on SonicWall’s Q3 Threat Data, MSSP Alert spotlights the surge in ransomware and IoT malware.
Campari Site Suffers Ransomware Hangover — ThreatPost
- Italian spirits brand Campari has restored its company website following a recent ransomware attack.
- Following the Nov. 3 ransomware attack against Campari, Ragnar Locker group took out public Facebook ads threatening to release stolen data.
- Pressure to reinstate a cyber czar within the White House is growing, with bipartisan allies lining up on Capitol Hill to push such a proposal.
- The FTC has reached a deal with Zoom to settle allegations that the communications technology company misrepresented its security and privacy protections.
How to Avoid Paying Ransomware Ransoms — Data Center Knowledge
- As private experts and government officials advise against indulging the bad guys, here are some tips for following that advice.
- A request for comment reflects recommendations made by the Cyberspace Solarium Commission.
Major ransomware strain jumps from Windows to Linux — SC Magazine
- A recently discovered file-encrypting Trojan, built as an executable and linkable format (ELF), encrypts data on machines controlled by Linux-based operating systems.
Hospital network hit by cyber attack restoring services — The Washington Times
- Computer experts at the University of Vermont Medical Center are working to restore systems disabled in a cyberattack that has affected the hospital’s ability to provide some cancer treatments.
- Suspected Vietnamese government-linked hackers are behind a series of fake news websites and Facebook pages meant to target victims with malicious software.
Microsoft Exchange Attack Exposes New xHunt Backdoors — Threat Post
- An attack on the Microsoft Exchange server of an organization in Kuwait revealed two never-before-seen PowerShell backdoors.
- The U.S. Justice Department announced it had seized over $1 billion worth of bitcoin associated with the underground online marketplace Silk Road.
Ransomware Attacks Surge 40% Globally In Q3: Report — Express Computer
- While overall malware volume declined for the third consecutive quarter, ransomware attacks globally surged 40% to reach 199.7 million hits in the third quarter of this year.
In Case You Missed It
- New SonicWall Products Drive Innovation; Offer Greater Flexibility, Performance and Low TCO — Atul Dhablania
- SonicWall TZ270/370/470: Accelerating Digital Transformation for SMBs & Secure SD-Branches — Sathya Thammanur
- New SonicWall NSa 2700: High Performance and Consolidated Security at Lower TCO — Ajay Uggirala
- SonicWall Enters the SASE Race with Zero-Trust Security Integrated into a Worldwide Network-as-a-Service — Sony Kogin
- SonicWall Capture ATP Receives ICSA Labs ATD Certification — Kayvon Sadeghi
- Healthcare and Cybersecurity During the Pandemic — Brook Chelmo
- Capture Client 3.5: Built for Managing Tenants — Brook Chelmo
- SonicWall NSM 2.1: Centralized Firewall Management Just Got Better — Ken Dang