Each week, SonicWall collects the cyber security industry’s most compelling, trending and important interviews, media and news stories — just for you.
- Bill Conner, CEO of SonicWall, is interviewed about his career, from his days loading shipping containers all the way to his current role.
Cryptomining Malware Steals Fortnite Gamers’ Bitcoins and Personal Data – SC Magazine (UK)
- As malware continues to target Fortnite players, SonicWall’s Lawrence Pingree talks about the probable future of kinetic ransomware.
- SonicWall CEO Bill Conner weighs in with his thoughts on the importance, or not, of the Google Plus breach.
Cyber Security News
Pentagon Struggling to Meet Cyber Challenges, as Modern Warfare Goes High Tech – The Washington Times
- The Pentagon wants to avoid another “Beast of Kandahar” situation but is struggling to keep its cybersecurity stronger than its attackers.
- Accusations that China are inserting spying chips into US companies’ hardware are still being made and are spreading to other companies.
- There have been no documented reports of the vulnerability being exploited but the company are taking no chances with peoples’ hearts.
- Companies will be required to store a wide range of user data and set up offices inside the country.
- A memory stick with unencrypted private data of airport employees was found by a member of public last year.
- The British Airways and Ticketmaster attacking toolkit Magecart isn’t going away, this time turning up in a plugin called Shopper Approved that is used by hundreds of e-commerce sites.
- The much-maligned Flash software now has the added problem of an imposter program that uses a victim’s computer to mine for the Monero cryptocurrency.
In Case You Missed It
- 2 Smart Reasons to Upgrade to SonicWall Secure Mobile Access (SMA) – Ganesh Umapathy
- How to Stop Malware-Created Backdoors – Brook Chelmo
- Tips for Getting a Job in Cybersecurity – Geoff Blaine
- Top 7 Cybersecurity Tips Anyone Can Use at Home – Terri O’Leary
- Protecting What’s Important: How to Keep Your Family Safe from Online Threats – Geoff Blaine