Medium enterprises are increasingly faced with budget constraints and a shortage of cybersecurity experts among their IT staff. At the same time, network traffic continues to rise … as does the number of online transactions … and the number of connected devices, including IoT devices.
This increase in new potential threat vectors has driven an increase in just about every form of attack, with emboldened cybercriminals launching increasingly sophisticated attacks such as zero-days and ransomware — many of which evade traditional perimeter defenses.
But despite this increase in risk, organizations are more reliant than ever on business continuity to ensure the continual availability of information and services provided across their network.
To meet these challenges, IT directors need a highly reliable next-generation firewall (NGFW) — one that can not only can scale to support millions of connections, but also scan them for threats over multi-gigabit speeds without compromising performance. It also must be cost-effective, easily manageable, and capable of handling high bandwidth and support multiple networks and clouds.
Introducing the SonicWall NSa 3700: A Generation 7 NGFW with high port density and low cost of ownership
The SonicWall Network Security Appliance (NSa) 3700 NGFW features high port density, including multiple 5 and 10 GbE ports. NSa 3700 protects mid-size networks with comprehensive integrated security services like malware analysis, encrypted traffic inspection, cloud application security and reputation services. It also supports centralized management with a truly intuitive single-user interface, significantly improving operational efficiency.
SonicWall NSa 3700 runs on the latest SonicOS 7.0.1 and includes advanced networking features such as HA/clustering, SD-WAN, dynamic routing, and virtual routing and forwarding. It combines validated security effectiveness and best-in-class price performance in a single rack unit appliance.
In short, medium enterprises can now get the performance, networking and security capabilities they need from their NGFWs without breaking the bank.
NSa 3700 Next-Generation Firewall Highlights
Appliance at a glance
The NSa 3700 is an energy-efficient, reliable appliance in a compact 1U chassis. Powered by the next-generation SonicOS 7.0.1 operating system, it is capable of processing millions of connections while delivering multi-gigabit threat prevention throughput. The following are a few high-level features that make NSa 3700 an attractive option for medium and distributed enterprises:
- 24 x 1 GbE interfaces
- 4 x 5 GbE interfaces
- 6 x 10 GbE interfaces
- 3.5 Gbps of threat prevention performance
- 4.2 Gbps of application inspection performance
- 2 million stateful and 750,00 DPI connections
- 22,500 connections per second
- Dedicated management port
Powered by the new SonicOS 7.0
The SonicWall NSa 3700 runs on SonicOS 7.0, a new operating system built from the ground up to deliver a modern user interface, intuitive workflows and user-first design principles. SonicOS 7.0 provides multiple features designed to facilitate enterprise-level workflows, easy configuration, and simplified and flexible management — all of which allow enterprises to improve both their security and operational efficiency.
SonicOS 7.0 features:
- Reassembly-Free Deep Packet Inspection® (RFDPI) and Real-Time Deep Memory Inspection™ (RTDMI)
- Secure SD-WAN
- High Availability/Clustering
- TLS 1.3 support
- Intuitive, single-pane-of-glass management
- Gateway Anti-Virus, Intrusion Prevention and Application Control
- Capture ATP Multi-Engine Sandboxing
- URL Filtering
More details about the new SonicOS 7.0 can be found here.
NSa 3700 Deployment Options
SonicWall NSa 3700 has two main deployment options for medium and distributed enterprises:
Internet Edge Deployment
In this standard deployment option, SonicWall NSa 3700 protects private networks from malicious traffic coming from the Internet, allowing you to:
- Deploy a proven NGFW solution with highest performance and port density (including 10 GbE connectivity) in its class
- Gain visibility and inspect encrypted traffic, including TLS 1.3, to block evasive threats coming from the Internet — all without compromising performance
- Protect your enterprise with integrated security, including malware analysis, cloud app security, URL filtering and reputation services
Medium and Distributed Enterprise Deployment
The SonicWall NSa 3700 supports SD-WAN and can be centrally managed, making it an ideal fit for medium and distributed enterprises. By leveraging NSa’s high port density, which includes 10 GbE connectivity, enterprises can support distributed branches and wide area networks. This deployment allows organizations to:
- Provide direct, secure internet access to distributed branch offices instead of back-hauling through corporate headquarters
- Allow distributed branch offices to securely access internal resources in corporate headquarters or in a public cloud, significantly improving application latency
- Reduce complexity and improve operations by using a central management system, which is accessed through an intuitive, single-pane-of-glass user interface
Overall Solution Value
The new NSa 3700 offers enterprises a best-in-class next-generation firewall with high speed and port density, all at a lower total cost of ownership. With integrated security services like malware analysis, URL filtering and cloud application security, NSa 3700 delivers superb protection from advanced threats.
To learn more about the new Generation 7 NSa Series, watch the video or click here.