Each week, SonicWall collects the cyber security industry’s most compelling, trending and important interviews, media and news stories — just for you.
Special Section: 2018 SonicWall Cyber Threat Report
‘Malware-cocktail’ cyber attacks double in one year, shocking report warns — London Evening Standard
The News: The popular UK news publication highlights the shifting behavior of malware authors examined in the 2018 SonicWall Cyber Threat Report.
Quotable: SonicWall CEO Bill Conner described the attacks as a “cyber arms race affecting every government, business, organization and individual.”
The News: eWeek offers a slideshow that visually explores findings of this year’s SonicWall Cyber Threat Report.
Quotable: “There were a lot of mixed signals in the cyber security attack landscape in 2017 …”
Ransomware decreasing in quantity but increasing in potency — SecurityBrief
The News: SecurityBrief reporter Ashton Young outlines the increase in ransomware variants.
Quotable: “The risks to business, privacy and related data grow by the day — so much so that cybersecurity is outranking some of the more traditional business risks and concerns,” says SonicWall CEO Bill Conner.
Cyber Security News
- Three financial sector institutions have become the latest victims of distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks in recent months in what looks like an attack by the IoTroop botnet known to target financial firms.
Cyberattack Shows Vulnerability of Gas Pipeline Network — The New York Times
- Last week’s attack on four of the nation’s natural-gas pipeline operators that temporarily shut down computer communications with customers shines a light on the potential vulnerability of the nation’s energy system.
- Believed to be part of last month’s attacks against global education institutions, the hackers breached 52 accounts across four Singapore universities, including NTU and NUS, to gain access to research articles.
- New Equifax CEO named. Mark Begor to lead the credit reporting giant’s bid to recover from a cyber breach that exposed the personal data of 148 million consumers.
- On March 28, a series of arrests took place across Europe. In total, the raids resulted in the arrest of nine individuals from Romania and 11 in Italy, all of which are remanded in custody.
In Case You Missed It
- An Explanation of E-rate: How to Cost-Effectively Protect K12 Networks — John Mullen
- How to Use Threat Intelligence to Stop Cyber Attacks — Bob VanKirk
- Top 7 Wireless Best Practices for Better Wi-Fi Coverage & User Experiences — Srudi Dineshan
- 2018 SonicWall Cyber Threat Report: Actionable Intelligence for the Cyber Arms Race — Bill Conner
- SonicWall CEO Bill Conner Joins Cyber Security Panel on Capitol Hill — Bob VanKirk
Upcoming Events & Webinars
11 A.M. PDT
Stop Fileless Malware with SonicWall Capture Client
Booth 4115, North Hall