Cyber Security News & Trends
This week, it’s National Cybersecurity Awareness Month! Own IT. Secure IT. Protect IT.
National Cybersecurity Awareness Month Focuses on Protecting Digital Identities, Being Accountable for Online Safety – SonicWall Blog
- It’s the 16th annual National Cybersecurity Awareness Month! SonicWall has so much planned to go along with these year’s theme: Own IT. Secure IT. Protect IT. Have you entered our competition? Keep your eyes peeled for more, we’re going to have one each week.
SonicWall Deutschland Twitter account launches
- We’re delighted for the launch of our new German language Twitter account! Follow it to keep up with the latest German SonicWall and cybersecurity news.
WATCH: CEO killer question with SonicWall – Channel Partner Insight
- SonicWall CEO Bill Conner has only 50 seconds to answer the question – “What security capabilities are his partners not taking advantage of?” How does he do? Watch and decide for yourself.
SonicWall EMEA SecureFirst Partner Roadshow Series in South Africa – SonicWall Blog
- The SonicWall EMEA SecureFirst Partner Roadshow Series hit South Africa and Spain including dates in Johannesburg and Durban. Will we be hitting your city next? Check out our schedule.
SonicWall Solution Center at the University of Pisa
- Antonio Cisternino and proud SonicWall customer Università di Pisa, home of one of the only campus-based SonicWall Solution Centers in Europe, hosted SonicWall CEO Bill Conner at a special cybersecurity session. Students had the opportunity to learn about new cyber threats such as side-channel attacks and how to tackle them using SonicWall RTDMI.
U.S. Government Confirms New Aircraft Cybersecurity Move Amid Terrorism Fears – Forbes
- The Department of Home Security in the United States confirmed it is taking actions to protect citizens from cyberattacks targeting aviation. Acknowledging that modern aircraft are essentially flying data centers, the plan is related to the cybersecurity defenses currently being implemented on critical infrastructure like the power grid.
New Malware Campaign Targets US Petroleum Companies – Dark Reading
- A sophisticated malware campaign is currently targeting US petroleum companies. Analysis of the malware shows that it uses multiple embedded JAR archives to hide the final payload, itself containing multiple execution processes. In one study, only five out of 56 anti-virus tools used to analyze the malware successfully detected it.
America Launches New Cybersecurity Directorate – InfoSecurity Magazine
- America’s National Security Agency has launched a new organization, The Cybersecurity Directorate, aimed with unifying existing programs under one roof. By launching the new directorate, the NSA hopes to strengthen the cyber-shield protecting the country’s national security systems and critical infrastructure from threat actors.
Malware Infection Disrupts Production at Defence Contractor Plants in Three Countries – ZDNet
- Rheinnmetall, one of the biggest defense contractors in the world, suffered a major cyberattack on its network that caused “significant disruption” at plants in Brazil, Mexico and the US. The company expects the long-term effects of the attack to run into tens of millions of euro.
Pace University’s Cybersecurity Day Features K-9 Demo – News 12 Westchester
In the world of truly analogue cybersecurity, Pace University’s Labrador Harley is an unexpected tool for fighting cybercrime.
In Case You Missed It
- it-SA 2019: SonicWall’s Integrated Cybersecurity Platform – Jan Patrick Schlögell
- SonicWall Hits the Road for the 2019 EMEA SecureFirst Partner Roadshow Series – Terry Greer-King
- Bill Conner: Ransomware Actively Targeting K-12 Districts, Municipalities – Geoff Blaine
- SonicWall Awarded USETPA Contract – David Bankemper
- GITEX 2019: SonicWall Heads to the Biggest Tech Show in the Middle East, North Africa & South Asia – Mohamed Abdallah