This week, SonicWall strengthens MSSP security offerings, cyberthreats to the upcoming census, and the end of decade lists begin.
- SonicWall announced new offerings for managed security service providers (MSSP). The newly announced capabilities allow MSSPs to simplify oversight, visibility and management of cybersecurity ecosystems as they continue to expand. The news is covered in CRN, Channel Futures, MSSP Alert, Channelnomics, and more.
553: Opening a Spin-off’s Liberated Growth Chapter – CFO Thought Leader podcast
- How do you take a business unit, extract it, and set it up to be a running company on its own, all within one year? SonicWall CFO Ravi Chopra sits down with the CFO Thought Leader podcast and explains exactly how he did it with SonicWall. He also discusses his career path, his experiences in the dot com crash, and how he learns from his mentors.
Cybersecurity Should Be the Core Pillar of Any Modern Digital Hospital: Dmitriy Ayrapetov – The Economic Times of India
- SonicWall’s Dmitriy Ayapetov is interviewed talking about the impact of cyberattacks on the health industry – with ransomware attacks growing and the rise of the Cloud and Internet of Things devices leading to potentially many new entry points for a cybercriminal, he stresses the need for greater cybersecurity awareness.
Black Friday UK: Just One in 20 Discounts Are Genuine, Research Finds – The Guardian (UK)
- Research by consumer group Which? Has found that the majority of Black Friday deals are sold at the same price or cheaper throughout the year. SonicWall figures on ransomware are also referred to, highlighting the increase in cyberattacks around the Black Friday period.
- An in-depth investigation into the upcoming 2020 US census has found that despite a major technology overhaul, fears of hacking attempts are running high and a lack of adequate training and understanding of cybersecurity risks internally is not helping.
Report Highlights Nation-State Cyberthreats Facing SMBs in 2020 – Tech Republic
- A new survey of over 1000 cybersecurity officials working at SMBs has found that more than 60% of respondents intend to increase their cybersecurity budgets next year due to growing fears of cyberattacks from both at home and abroad, especially during the upcoming elections.
- The Indian government is pushing for a security audit of WhatsApp after revelations emerged last month that spyware inserted by surveillance groups allowed access to the phones of roughly 1400 users.
- Microsoft has completed an audit of their accounts and found that 44 million people are still using usernames and passwords that were leaked online in 2019. A forced password reset has been enacted to help solve the problem.
FBI Issues Smart TV Cybersecurity Warning – Infosecurity Magazine
- The Federal Bureau of Investigation has issued a warning to holiday shoppers over the cyber-risks an unsecured smart TV might pose to a household. Default passwords should be changed, and a familiarization of all connection options is recommended at a bare minimum.
- It’s the end of a decade, and with it comes the lists! ZDNet round up some of the biggest, in both size and infamy, botnets that hit throughout the 2010s, including those old favorites, Emotet, Trickbot, and Dridex.
In Case You Missed It
- My Workspace: Streamlining Asset Management for MSSPs – Suroop Chandran
- SonicWall Simplifies Day-to-Day Operations for MSSPs – Robert (Bob) VanKirk
- Meeting a Russian Ransomware Cell – Brook Chelmo
- 10 Reasons to Upgrade to the Newest SonicWall TZ Firewall – Brook Chelmo
- SonicWall: Encrypted Attacks, IoT Malware Surge as Global Malware Volume Dips – Geoff Blaine
- How to Protect Multi-Cloud Environments with a Virtual Firewall – Tiju Cherian