Eight New Ways the SonicWall Capture Cloud Platform Protects Businesses
Two years ago, the SonicWall Capture Cloud Platform was a vision — one that boldly represented the future of how our company would better empower, enable and protect our global customers.
And now that it’s a reality, we’re evolving it yet again — in new areas with even more capabilities. Based on invaluable feedback from end-users, internal business owners and partners, the goal of this launch was to focus on these five areas where SonicWall could:
- Help organizations better protect business cloud applications, like Office 365 and G Suite
- Deliver more cost-effective network security options for a wider range of enterprises, small and medium businesses, and government agencies
- Empower administrators with more advanced endpoint protection capabilities
- Streamline wireless security, management, visibility and planning
- Simplify wireless security and expansion with a mobile app, mesh networking and zero-touch deployment capabilities
Today, we announced new solutions that better protect networks, cloud applications, endpoints and all respective data. In all, this effort includes eight new products or solution enhancements to the Capture Cloud Platform.
- Cloud App Security 2.0 — Available for Office 365 and G Suite, Cloud App Security provides advanced threat protection to stop targeted phishing attacks, zero-day threats and email fraud, such as business email compromise (BEC) and account takeovers (ATO). It also helps identify and mitigate malicious PDFs and Microsoft Office files stored in cloud solutions like Office 365, G Suite and Dropbox.
- SonicWall SOHO 250 & TZ350 Firewalls — This pair of new next-generation firewalls (NGFW) consolidate security, networking and performance for a low total cost of ownership (TCO). They help organizations reduce costs and save time through integrated features, such as secure SD-WAN, auto-provision VPN and Zero-Touch Deployment.
- SonicWall WiFi Cloud Manager — This scalable, centralized Wi-Fi network management system simplifies wireless access, control and troubleshooting capabilities across networks of any size or location through a ‘single pane of glass.’ SonicWall also is introducing the SonicWiFi mobile app, available on iOS and Android, to help you monitor your network, easily onboard wireless access points and set up wireless mesh networks.
- SonicWall WiFi Planner — An intuitive, easy-to-use Wi-Fi surveying tool, SonicWall WiFi Planner helps you design and deploy secure wireless networks that enhance the user experience and ensure workforce productivity. Make sound Wi-Fi coverage decisions that account for different types of office spaces, floor plans, building materials, power requirements, signal strength, channel width and radio bands.
- SonicWall SonicWave 200 Series Wireless Access Points — Enhance wireless user experiences by delivering gigabit performance, range and the reliability of 802.11ac Wave 2 wireless technology in a solution that is secure and extremely affordable. Activate advanced security services, including the Content Filtering Service (CFS) and Capture Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) sandbox service, directly from SonicWave access points — even where firewalls aren’t deployed.
- Capture Client 2.0 — With advanced Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) capabilities, the latest version of SonicWall Capture Client lets administrators track threat origins and intended destinations, kill or quarantine as necessary, and roll back endpoints to a last-known good state in case of infection.
- Email Security 10.0 — Our enhanced secure email solution now provides multi-layered protection, including attachment sandboxing and time-of-click URL protection against advanced threats like targeted phishing attacks, ransomware, business email compromise (BEC) and email fraud.
- SonicOS 6.5.4 — The latest version of our powerful operating system supports new SonicWall hardware platforms and includes major improvements in authentication, network security and wireless capabilities, such as the ability to increase DPI-SSL connections across all platforms and more comprehensive logging and reporting required by government organizations.
To learn more about each new product or enhancement, review our press release, contact a SonicWall security expert, or stay tuned to the blog this week as our security experts do deep-dives into each major product update.
More business. Less fear. That’s SonicWall’s commitment to you.
This post is also available in: Portuguese (Brazil) French German Japanese Korean Spanish Chinese (Simplified)