This week, SonicWall firewalls win an award and the company is named one of the coolest Network Security Companies of 2020.
SonicWall Wins Best UTM Security Solution at SC Awards 2020 – SonicWall Blog
- SC Media honors SonicWall and the NSa 2650 Firewall with its Best UTM Security Solution at the 2020 SC Awards Gala. Marrying Capture Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) and Real-Time Deep Memory Inspection (RTDMI) the NSa 2650 firewall proactively blocks mass-market, zero-day threats and unknown malware, and examines every byte of every packet.
- As part of CRN’s 2020 Security 100 list, SonicWall is named as one of the 20 companies that have “raised their game to meet continued network security needs.” SonicWall’s My WorkSpace interface and improvements in Capture Client and Cloud App Security are cited as the reasons SonicWall is included on the list.
- SonicWall EMEA VP Terry Greer-King is interviewed by IoT Now. He talks about his career so far, some of the worst bosses he has worked under, and what’s firing up his imagination in 2020 when it comes to the Internet of Things.
- With Space X planning to launch tens of thousands of satellites over the next decade, the reality of cyberattacks on such a system is something that needs to be dealt with sooner rather than later. Despite some movement by the US government to address these issues, there are currently no cybersecurity standards for satellites and no governing body to regulate and ensure their cybersecurity.
- In the wake of continued cyberattacks on the health sector, the European cybersecurity agency, ENISA, has issued cybersecurity recommendations to hospitals and medical institutions in the form of ten good practices to help resilience against cyberattacks.
How Personality Influences Cybersecurity Behavior – Security Boulevard
- The Myers-Briggs Company has released preliminary findings of a study investigating how personality types can influence cybersecurity behaviors, breaking down the results into their famous personality types. From this, a list of guidelines and tips on how to best structure security awareness solutions for the different personality types has been developed.
- A criminal gang has been attempting to extort banks and other financial institutions in Australia, threatening DDoS attacks on their websites unless a ransom is paid. Based on current evidence, the attackers have not followed through on any of their threats.
- A new survey of over 1,000 people in the USA has found that over 20% of them are willing to hand over financial information to a company that has suffered a data breach. Almost all respondents agree that businesses are financially liable to their customers after a breach.
Cybersecurity Threats for 2020 – Security Boulevard
- Deepfakes, ransomware… and how to protect yourself from them. Security Boulevard looks at the biggest cybersecurity threats of 2020.
In Case You Missed It
- Catapult the Wi-Fi User Experience: Fast, Secure & Easy to Manage – Srudi Dineshan
- SonicWall Firewall Certified via NetSecOPEN Laboratory Testing, Earns Perfect Security Effectiveness Score Against Private CVE Attacks – Ken Dang
- SonicWall Secures 3 Spots on Annual CRN Channel Chief List – Lindsey Lockhart
- 7 Factors to Consider When Evaluating Endpoint Protection Solutions – Vishnu Chandra Pandey
- RSA 2020: SonicWall Returns with Stories from the Cyber Battlefront – Geoff Blaine
- Inside Cybercriminal Inc.: SonicWall Exposes New Cyberattack Data, Threat Actor Behaviors in Latest Report – Geoff Blaine