Each week, SonicWall collects the cyber security industry’s most compelling, trending and important interviews, media and news stories — just for you.
- Following the release of SonicWall’s latest product news, TechRepublic provides an overview of the features released. This article concludes that the new mid-tier offerings make SonicWall an option for companies of any sector and size.
- SonicWall’s firewall appliance is a strong choice for state and local governments watching the bottom line.
Cyber Security News
Sophos shares tank as revenues slow – UK Investor Magazine
- Shares in cyber security group Sophos fall by a fifth as growth slows. The company’s shares fell by more than 20% as it said billings growth – an indicator of future revenues – in the three months to the end of June had slowed to just 6pc, or 2pc when adjusted for foreign currency changes.
New Virus Decides If Your Computer Good for Mining or Ransomware — The Hacker News
- Researchers at Kaspersky Labs have discovered a new variant of Rakhni ransomware family, which has now been upgraded to include cryptocurrency mining capability as well.
- Researchers have uncovered an unusual malicious macro-based malware campaign that effectively modifies infected users’ shortcut files so that they secretly download a backdoor program.
- President Trump announces that he is tapping William Bryan, an Army veteran and former Department of Energy official, to lead the Department of Homeland Security’s technology research and development arm.
Adidas Reports Data Breach — The Wall Street Journal
- Adidas warned late on Thursday that hackers may have lifted customer data from its US website.
In Case You Missed It
- SonicWall Leans into Mid-Tier Enterprise Market for Next Phase of Company Growth, Leadership with Expansion of Disruptive Cloud-based Platform — Press Release
- SonicWall Wins 7 New Awards, Bringing 2018 Total to Over 30 — SonicWall Staff
- Inside the Cloud Sandbox: How Capture Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) Works – Brook Chelmo
- Capture Client Endpoint Protection: What’s New in Version 1.5 — Brook Chelmo
- Shadow IT, Ensure Safe Adoption of SaaS Applications — Ganesh Umapathy
- Capture Security Center: Knowledge, Visibility & Control of Your Cyber Security Ecosystem — Ken Dang