Cyber Security News & Trends
Each week, SonicWall collects the cyber security industry’s most compelling, trending and important interviews, media and news stories — just for you.
SonicWall Targets Mid-Tier Enterprises with New Network Security Software and Appliances — SiliconANGLE
- Following the release of SonicWall’s latest product news, SiliconANGLE unpacks updates to the SonicWall Capture Security Center. This article also touches on the company’s six new firewall appliances.
Cyber Security News
Despite Caution Over Cryptocurrency, Investors are Bullish — The New York Times
- Initial coin offerings are raising billions for cryptocurrency start-ups, like the Russia messaging service Telegram, which raised nearly $2 billion.
Marketing Firm Exactis Leaked a Personal Info Database With 340 Million Records — Wired
- Earlier this month, security researcher Vinny Troia discovered that Exactis, a data broker based in Palm Coast, Florida, had exposed a database that contained close to 340 million individual records on a publicly accessible server. The haul comprises close to 2 terabytes of data that appears to include personal information on hundreds of millions of American adults, as well as millions of businesses.
Reality Winner, N.S.A. Contractor Accused in Leak Pleads Guilty — The New York Times
- Reality Winner, the former government contractor charged with leaking classified information, pleaded guilty in federal court Tuesday as part of a plea agreement reached with federal prosecutors.
Hotels, Airlines and Travel Sites Battle Bot Attacks — ZDNet
- Attackers in certain countries appear to have a particular focus on breaching organizations operating in the travel sector.
60,000 Android Devices Hit With Ad-Clicking Bot Ransomware — SC Magazine
- A new malicious Android app has infected at least 60,000 devices gaining the ability to extract some important information from each device along with installing some ad click malware.
New Fears Over Chinese Espionage Grip Washington — The Hill
- Lawmakers are scrutinizing the Pentagon over its efforts to keep military secrets safe from hackers, after Chinese actors allegedly breached a Navy contractor’s computer and collected data on submarine technology.
In Case You Missed It
- SonicWall Leans into Mid-Tier Enterprise Market for Next Phase of Company Growth, Leadership with Expansion of Disruptive Cloud-based Platform — Press Release
- Capture Client Endpoint Protection: What’s New in Version 1.5 — Brook Chelmo
- Shadow IT, Ensure Safe Adoption of SaaS Applications — Ganesh Umapathy
- Capture Security Center: Knowledge, Visibility & Control of Your Cyber Security Ecosystem — Ken Dang
- Capture Cloud Platform: A Security Management Ecosystem that Harnesses the Power of the Cloud — Ken Dang
- Next-Generation Firewalls Designed for Mid-Tier Enterprises & Service Providers — Scott Grebe
- 12 New Products Usher in SonicWall’s Expansion into Mid-Tier Enterprise Market — Bill Conner