Ransomware attacks in 2016 grew by 167x year-over-year to 638 million. As today’s malware and ransomware pose ever evolving malicious, zero-day threats, organizations need to defend their network’s beyond their perimeters. SonicWall introduces a powerful defense: the new SonicWall Email Security 9.0 integrates with our award-winning Capture Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) Service. This unique combination delivers a cloud-based, multi-engine sandbox that not only inspects email traffic for suspicious code, but also blocks ransomware, zero-day and other malicious files from entering the network until a verdict is reached. This release is available in cool new SonicWALL hardware appliances, virtual appliances and Hosted Email Security service.
In his blog our President and CEO Bill Conner, highlighting SonicWall’s 2017 Annual Threat Report, points out that email is a highly vulnerable attack vector for cyber criminals. Employees fall victim all too often to ransomware, phishing and unknown threats. The enhanced SonicWall Email 9.0 with Capture cloud-based sandboxing technology detects these advanced threats. It scans a range of email attachment types, analyzes them in a multi-engine sandbox, blocks them until reviewed by an administrator, and rapidly deploys remediation signatures. Signatures for newly discovered malware are quickly generated and automatically distributed across the SonicWall GRID Threat Network, preventing further infiltration by the malware threat. We offer organizations a choice of administrative options ranging from removing an offending email attachment to blocking an entire message. The result is higher security effectiveness and faster response times.
Innovative features of SonicWall Email Security 9.0 include:
- Advanced Threat Protection: Integrates Capture cloud-based sandboxing technology for detection of zero-day threats such as ransomware, for fine-grained inspection of SMTP traffic
- Next-generation Email Protection: Incorporates anti-spam, anti-virus and anti-spoofing functionalities to not only detect and prevent spam and other unwanted email, but also scan email messages and attachments for ransomware, Trojan horses, worms and other types of malicious content.
- Improved Office 365 Support: Enhances security for multi-tenant environments by providing a method for ensured, mapped delivery of emails for SonicWall Hosted Email Security environments
- Updated Line of Appliances: Refreshes SonicWall’s line of Email Security hardware appliances, helping customers to better face threats delivered by email.
- Encryption Protection: Supports not only SMTP Authentication, but also the encryption service feature enables any email containing protected data to be automatically encrypted, routed for approval or archived.
- Policy and Compliance Management: Enables an administrator to enact policies that filter messages and their contents as they enter or exit the organization. This allows organizations to meet regulatory requirements based on government legislation, industry standards or corporate governance activities.
“As a loyal SonicWall channel partner, we at Napa Valley Networks were thrilled to see SonicWall resume operations as a standalone cybersecurity company and go back to its roots of driving a deeper focus on technological innovation,” said Julie Neely, founding partner of Napa Valley Networks. “SonicWall Email Security 9.0 with Capture Advanced Threat Protection Service is a clear demonstration of the company’s continued commitment to better serving its channel partners.”
“With the continued onslaught of ransomware, malware and other cyber-attacks, our customers are looking to us to provide them with solutions that allow them to spend more time conducting day-to-day business while staying abreast of the threat landscape. SonicWall allows our engineers, and most importantly our customers, to sleep at night! At Sterling Computers, our mission is to help government and education customers get the most out of their tech infrastructure,” said Steve Van Ginkel, Sterling Computers’ vice president of Business Development & Partner Alliances.
“KHIPU Networks Limited have been using the SonicWALL Email Security software/appliance for over 10 years,” said Andrew Brimson, Managing Director, KHIPU Networks Ltd. “Email Security has been instrumental in protecting our business interests from threats and attacks as well as protection against data leakage. We have found the SonicWALL Email Security software easy to configure, good for reporting and tailorable to our changing requirements.”
Learn more and download the SonicWall Email Security 9.0 data sheet and see all of the enhancements.