Each week, SonicWall collects the cyber security industry’s most compelling, trending and important interviews, media and news stories — just for you.
10 Security Advances That Could Change the Game – Channel Partners Online
- SonicWall’s Lawrence Pingree shares his perspective on the need for rapid chip augmentation in order to successfully combat the cybersecurity war in 2019.
SonicWall and Partners Take Part at GITEX Technology Week – Tahawul Tech
- SonicWall is a major presence at GITEX Technology Week, one of the biggest technology events in the world.
How Cyberhardening Can Reduce Risk to the Entire Medical Community – Beckers Hospital Review
- Data from SonicWall’s Capture Labs is used to help show just how much data in the medical industry is vulnerable to cyberattack.
Cyber Security News
Facebook Finds Hack Was Done by Spammers, Not Foreign State – The Wall Street Journal
- Facebook thinks that spammers looking to make money through advertising, and not a nation-state, are responsible for a recent data breach involving the data of 30 million accounts.
- A modified version of malware dating back to 2010, that has never been made public and is not known to have been sold on the black market, has had a mysterious resurgence in recent months.
Pentagon Discloses Card Breach – ZDNet
- Only a week after reporting that it was struggling to meet the demands of cyberwarfare, the Pentagon confirms that a security breach affecting up to 30,000 personnel was discovered at the start of October this year.
UK Firms “Not Prepared” for Data Breaches – Tech Radar
- It’s not just U.K. firms. According to a report released for European Cybersecurity Month. one in six European businesses are not prepared for a cyberattack, even though over a third of them have suffered from a data breach in the past year.
- According to a study conducted by the Ponemon Institute, the average cost of a successful endpoint-based attack has increased by roughly 42 percent year-on-year with the average organization losing over $7 million.
New Cyberdefenses to Protect Your Smart Appliances From Hackers – The Wall Street Journal
- A partnership was announced between U.K. based chip-designers Arm and Boston-based cybersecurity firm Cyberreason; they aim to develop secure chip designs specifically protecting Internet of Things (IOT) devices from cyberattack.
Report: Cryptocurrency Exchanges Lost $882 Million to Hackers – Bank Info Security
- Cryptocurrency exchanges continue to suffer from successful cyberattacks and a newly released study has tallied the damages at $882 million in the past two years, this is only expected to get worse in 2019.
In Case You Missed It
- September 2018 Cyber Threat Data: Ransomware Threats Double Monthly, Encrypted Threats Still Growing – John Lynch
- Workplace Cybersecurity Is Everyone’s Responsibility – Ganesh Umapathy
- 12 Smart Reasons to Upgrade to SonicWall Secure Mobile Access (SMA) – Ganesh Umapathy
- How to Stop Malware-Created Backdoors – Brook Chelmo
- Tips for Getting a Job in Cybersecurity – Geoff Blaine