Each week, SonicWall collects the cyber security industry’s most compelling, trending and important interviews, media and news stories — just for you.
- SonicWall publishes a mid-year update of 2018 SonicWall Cyber Threat Report, finds more than 5.99 billion total malware attacks, up 102 percent, in the first six months of 2018.
Ghostbusters 2: how to deal with Spectre, the sequel – SC Magazine (UK)
- Lawrence Pingree, SonicWall’s VP of Product Management discusses the possibilities of future exploits built on the Spectre vulnerability
- Quotes from a 2017 interview between Bill Conner and Joe Steinberg are resurfaced to explain that about half of all cyber-attacks are on small businesses.
Cyber Security News
- Cyber criminals are offering remote access to IT systems for just $10 via a dark web hacking store — potentially enabling attackers to steal information, disrupt systems, deploy ransomware and more.
- Senators on Wednesday pressed top officials from the U.S. Election Assistance Commission (EAC) about their efforts to boost state cybersecurity election systems, with a focus on whether each state should have a mechanism in place to audit their results.
- Cryptocurrency token conversion service Bancor disclosed yesterday that hackers stole millions in funds from one of its online wallets, while Etherium crypto wallet service MyEtherWallet warned that hackers may have compromised anyone who accessed its service while using the free VPN service Hola and its Chrome extension.
- For nearly two months, an unauthorized party reportedly used stolen usernames and passwords to log into the online accounts of certain Macys.com and Bloomingdales.com customers.
In Case You Missed It
- SonicWall Leans into Mid-Tier Enterprise Market for Next Phase of Company Growth, Leadership with Expansion of Disruptive Cloud-based Platform – Press Release
- SonicWall Wins 7 New Awards, Bringing 2018 Total to Over 30 – SonicWall Staff
- Inside the Cloud Sandbox: How Capture Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) Works – Brook Chelmo
- Capture Client Endpoint Protection: What’s New in Version 1.5 – Brook Chelmo
- Shadow IT, Ensure Safe Adoption of SaaS Applications – Ganesh Umapathy
- Capture Security Center: Knowledge, Visibility & Control of Your Cyber Security Ecosystem – Ken Dang