SonicWall Extends Next-Generation Firewalls to Public Cloud Deployments, Including AWS and Azure
Attacks on public cloud infrastructures increase every day.
“We are in the third era of computing — the cloud and mobile era — but security considerations on cloud are still not widely understood,” said Mark Russinovich, CTO of Microsoft Azure. “It is important to address the public cloud security concerns to facilitate its adoption.”
In this third era, securing the public cloud is critical. According to IDC, 83 percent of workloads are virtualized today, and 60 percent of large enterprises run virtual machines (VM) in the public cloud. With the rapid pace of cloud transformation, securing workloads in the cloud becomes challenging.
SonicWall takes on this challenge and extends the security of the private cloud to public clouds with SonicWall Network Security virtual (NSv) firewall series. In addition to public and private cloud security, NSv can also provide end-to-end security for multi-cloud deployments.
Cloud technology provides greater agility, scalability and infrastructure consistency, improving business efficiency. Public cloud environments supported by SonicWall NSv includes Amazon Web Services (AWS)* and Microsoft Azure.
True Next-Generation Virtual Firewall Series
SonicWall NSv series brings industry-leading next-generation firewall (NGFW) capabilities, such as application intelligence and control, real-time monitoring, IPS, TLS/SSL decryption and inspection, advanced threat protection, VPN and network segmentation capabilities, to protect your AWS and Azure environments.
NSv supports all security and networking features similar to SonicWall next-gen hardware firewall appliances, including our patented Reassembly-Free Deep Packet Inspection (RFDPI) technology and award-winning Capture Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) sandbox with Real-Time Deep Memory Inspection (RTDMI) to stop both known and unknown (e.g., zero day) cyberattacks.
You can gain complete visibility and control of your traffic across multiple virtual private cloud (VPC) and virtual networks (VN), plus provide seamless security and management capabilities with a single-pane-of-glass experience. With NSv, you can take advantage of agility, scalability, high-performance, lower operational cost, quick time-to-deployment and drive innovation.
The public platform support is available across multiple NSv models, such as NSv 200/400/800/1600. Based on the fully-featured SonicOS 6.5.0, NSv makes the move to the cloud easier and safer.
Protect Public Cloud Data, Applications with SonicWall NSv
NSv addresses some of the critical needs of public cloud security. Below are some of the key benefits of leveraging NSv to protect your public cloud infrastructure and resources.
- Gain complete visibility into virtual environment for threat prevention
- Implement proper security zoning and ensure appropriate placement of policies
- Defend against zero-day vulnerabilities with SonicWall Capture ATP
- Prevent service disruptions in the virtual ecosystem
- Gain centralized control and visibility with single-pane-of-glass management via Capture Security Center
- Leverage agility and scalability without performance impact
- Maintain security governance, compliance and risk management
SonicWall NSv can be deployed in a variety of use cases including the ones below:
- Internet gateway for ingress/egress traffic protection
- Lateral protection of east-west traffic
- Site-to-site VPN deployment
- Secure end-to-end remote access
- Multi-cloud secure connectivity
Why Choose SonicWall NSv?
In addition to the various key benefits in leveraging NSv, below are some additional reasons why you should choose NSv as the security of choice in the public cloud.
- Patented technologies like RTDMI, RFDPI and more
- Robust products with over 26 years of award-winning technological innovation
- Powerful security, powered by SonicWall next-generation firewall capabilities, now extending to the cloud
* AWS availability date pending.
Try SonicWall NSv for Azure
SonicWall NSv is currently available for Azure public cloud environments. Visit the Azure Marketplace to gain next-generation security for your most sensitive Azure workloads.