12 New Products Usher in SonicWall’s Expansion into Mid-Tier Enterprise Market
It’s been just 20 months.
And in that short time as an independent company, SonicWall employees, customers and partners have accomplished so much together. Our short-term mission was to rebuild the SonicWall brand, launch new and advanced cyber security solutions and services in the SMB space, and bring our global partner community back home.
SonicWall, it’s good to have you back.
Now that our heart, soul and technology are deeply rooted in protecting organizations in the SMB space, we feel it’s time to focus on another segment we serve: the mid-tier enterprise market, where we are the No. 5 player, according to Gartner.
That’s why today we announced a focused technology, security and partner mission to deliver network security solutions that align with the performance, security efficacy and high availability required by the modern mid-tier enterprise.
But we’re also focusing on disrupting the market with our Capture Cloud Platform, which brings together network, endpoint and application security with management, reporting, analytics and visual cyber threat intelligence.
“SonicWall is ensuring network security is available via bundles designed with the requirements of mid-tier enterprises in mind.”
This will usher in a new cost structure with an assertive total cost of ownership (TCO) offering via our Capture Security Center, Capture Client endpoint protection and our new NSa series high availability (HA) offerings.
In fact, most of our competitors still require a full-price purchase of the failover firewall unit, as well as full subscription services after the first year. We don’t think that’s right. And it certainly doesn’t make much business sense.
So, SonicWall wants to ensure two things:
- Network security is available via bundles designed with the requirements of mid-tier enterprises in mind.
- It’s easy for mid-tier enterprises to do business with our SecureFirst partners.
What’s New from SonicWall
All told, this platform announcement includes 12 new products, updates or enhancements. And we couldn’t be more excited to share this innovation with you. Please explore each in detail. We will have detailed blogs on many of the new and updated products in the coming days.
- Capture Cloud Platform — Expanded for mid-tier enterprises and now delivers integrated cloud-scale management and true end-to-end security that protects networks, email, endpoints, mobile and remote users. This all-in-one approach enables our complete portfolio of high-performance hardware, virtual appliances and clients to harness the power, agility and scalability of the cloud.
- Capture Security Center — Fully enhanced to deliver a unified security governance, compliance and risk management strategy. Improve security outcomes from the firewall to the endpoint with integrated threat intelligence between the SonicWall Capture Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) sandbox service, Capture Client endpoint protection and SentinelOne threat databases.
- Capture Client 1.5 — Now integrated with the SonicWall Capture ATP sandbox service. Suspicious files that Capture Client gives a moderate threat score (but not high enough to merit an alert), may be automatically uploaded for analysis.
- New NSa Next-Generation Firewalls — Replacing the SuperMassive 9200, 9400 and 9600 models, our new NSa 6650, 9250, 9450 and 9650 series deliver elite levels of performance, security efficacy and high availability for mid-tier enterprises — all with industry-low TCO.
- New NSsp 12000 Next-Generation Firewalls — A brand new product line, the new NSsp 12400 and 12800 series next-generation firewalls align with advanced requirements of service providers and data centers and are capable of scanning millions of connections for the latest cyber threats.
- Cloud App Security — Cloud-based security service that enables organizations to secure SaaS application usage and reduce risk of shadow IT. The solution provides functionality similar to Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) offerings to deliver real-time visibility and control of applications being used by employees.
- Analytics — Available in cloud-hosted or on-premise options, SonicWall Analytics provides network analysts, security operations engineers and incident responders deeper visibility into network traffic, threat information and cross-product insights to perform network forensics, security analysis and threat hunting for businesses, organizations and managed service providers (MSP) of all sizes.
- SonicOS 6.5.2 — Adds 40 new security features to better secure wired, wireless and mobile network environments. It offers more dynamic defenses against modern zero-day threats, including attacks hidden within encrypted traffic, absolute control of application traffic without compromising performance and availability, and optimal wireless user experiences regardless of location.
- Secure Mobile Access (SMA) 1000 Series 12.2 — Delivers consolidated access management and eliminates bad password habits with federated SSO to cloud and on-premise applications. Adds Always-On VPN for Windows devices for seamless and secure access from any location.
- SMA 100 Series 9.0 — Integrates with Capture ATP to block malicious file uploads from remote users. Adds Always-On VPN for Windows devices for seamless and secure access from any location.
- Email Security 9.2 — Blocks and quarantines messages with malicious URLs before they reach the inbox. Integrates with Google’s G Suite to provide advanced threat protection, strong data loss prevention and compliance engine, and email continuity.
- Global Management System (GMS) 8.6 — Upgrades authentication measures with strict enforcement of password complexity and account lockout policies before granting access to its management platform. This protects against automated brute-force attacks (e.g., password spray campaigns). Update also adds management and provisioning support for the new NSa series firewalls running the latest SonicOS 6.5.2 and the “Firewall Sandwich” solution.
Enhancing our Go-to-Market Strategy
Fundamental to the release of these new enterprise-focused products and services is the strengthening of SonicWall go-to-market focus and resources. SonicWall will engage with organizations in key verticals, including retail, K12 and higher education, and state, local and federal government. SonicWall will also continue to focus on its partnership with Dell while building and expanding relationships with MSSPs.
To our existing customers, vendors and partners, thank you for making SonicWall what it is today. We can’t wait to see what we do next together.
To our future customers, trust us to protect what’s most important to you: your business, data and livelihood. Contact one of our cybersecurity experts to learn how our automated, real-time breach detection and prevention platform can protect your organization from both known and unknown cyberattacks in the fast-moving cyber arms race.