Each week, SonicWall collects the cyber security industry’s most compelling, trending and important interviews, media and news stories — just for you.
SonicWall Secures Hybrid Clouds by Simplifying, Enhancing Deployment for Enterprises, SMBs – SonicWall Press Release
- This week SonicWall announced a major expansion of their Capture Cloud Platform including secure SD-WAN, Zero-Touch Deployment, and personalized cyber threat intelligence.
Congress Passes Bill Creating Cybersecurity Agency at DHS – Security Week
- SonicWall CEO Bill Conner talks to Security Week with his thoughts on why the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) Act is paramount for securing critical digital infrastructure.
Free SD-WAN Capability Highlights New SonicWall Capture Cloud Platform Announcements – Channel Buzz (Canada)
- SonicWall’s Lawrence Pingree talks to Channel Buzz about SonicWall’s recent product expansion announcement and how he sees SonicWall’s position now compared to 12 months ago.
- Bill Conner, CEO of SonicWall, is featured as a member of the Forbes Tech Council highlighting why good policy is important for a company like Facebook if they want to be able to recover from a data breach.
Cyber Security News
- A team of researchers have found that new variants of Meltdown and Spectre are being released. SonicWall confirmed that Capture ATP cloud sandbox with Real-Time Deep Memory Inspection will stop them.
Nordstrom Blames Breach of Employee Data on Contractor – BankInfoSecurity
- US department store Nordstrom suffered from an internal breach of employee data in October and have pinned the problem on a contractor.
Scare Force: Pakistan Military Hit by Operation Shaheen Malware – The Register (UK)
- The Pakistan Air Force and Government have been hit with a concentrated phishing and malware campaign according to new research by Cylance.
- Firefox Monitor, previously a separate website, is being expanded and integrated into the Firefox web browser and will inform users with an alert if a website being visited has had a breach reported in the previous 12 months.
2018 on Track to Be One of the Worst Ever for Data Breaches – Dark Reading
- A new report says that 2018 is currently only behind 2005 when it comes to data breaches, with up to 3.6 billion records compromised so far.
- As many as fourteen types of malware are found to be readying themselves to take advantage of unsuspecting online shoppers.
- An exposed server was found with tens of millions of text messages, including password reset links, two-factor codes, shipping notifications and more all easily accessible.
In Case You Missed It
- Monitor & Optimize Your Cybersecurity Posture with Real-Time Risk Metering – Ken Dang
- Choosing a Firewall with PoE Integration – Scott Grebe
- What is Secure SD-WAN and How Can It Save Me Money? – Scott Grebe
- SonicWall’s Multi-Cloud Offering Extends to Hyper-V Private Clouds with Flexible Licensing – Srudi Dineshan
- Security for Multi-Cloud Strategies: How SonicWall Safely Guides Organizations to a Virtualized, Cloud-Connected World – David Chamberlin
- Cybersecurity for SMBs: Bundled Network Security Delivers Cost-Effective Protection – Steve Pataky