Each week, SonicWall collects the cyber security industry’s most compelling, trending and important interviews, media and news stories — just for you.
- If you’re a small to medium-sized business (SMB) looking for guidance on the NIST Small Business Cybersecurity Act, get this eBook. It includes an explanation of the act and information on how best to protect yourself and your business.
- PortSmash is a new attack that exploits Intel’s Hyper-Threading architecture. SonicWall adds a layer of protection against this exploit and other similar side-channel attacks.
Cyber Security News
The Mad Dash to Find a Cybersecurity Force – The New York Times
- The need for skilled cybersecurity experts in the workplace is growing faster than the talent pool can provide with an estimated 3.5 million cybersecurity jobs available but unfilled by 2021.
Lazarus FASTCash ATM Attack Details Discovered – SC Magazine
- North Korean hacker group Lazarus has been using FASTCash trojan on obsolete AIX servers to hack ATMs and steal tens of millions of dollars.
- American Express India has been caught with an unencrypted server accessible online without a password, exposing a huge amount of personal data.
- At least one customer in every U.S. state has been affected by a data breach that occurred between October 4 and 14 of this year. HSBC say it affected less than 1 percent of its U.S. customer base but the details include account numbers and transaction histories.
- Someone is bombarding ISPs in Cambodia with DDoS attacks and ZDNet have a few theories on who it might be.
- Hackers who claim to have access to 120 million Facebook accounts have been attempting to sell private messages online for as little as 10 cents per account.
Ransomware Keeps Ringing in Profits for Cybercrime Rings – BankInfoSecurity
- If you’re confused by the many different types of ransomware in the news right now, BankInfoSecurity explain current trends and who is most at risk.
In Case You Missed It
- Cybersecurity for SMBs: Bundled Network Security Delivers Cost-Effective Protection – Steve Pataky
- Bypassing Government Security Controls with Customized Malware – Brook Chelmo
- 4 Ways SonicWall & ConnectWise Simplify Security Management for MSPs – Ken Dang
- The libssh Vulnerability: What’s at Risk & How SonicWall Helps Prevent It – Rob Krug
- SonicWall Extends Next-Generation Firewalls to Public Cloud Deployments, Including AWS and Azure – Srudi Dineshan
- 3 Elements of a Successful Managed Security Services (MSS) Bundle – Joe Velderman