Each week, SonicWall collects the cyber security industry’s most compelling, trending and important interviews, media and news stories — just for you.
- SonicWall CEO Bill Conner discusses the challenges faced by the new DHS National Risk Management Center initiative in relation to cooperation from the private sector.
- ADT, the monitored security and home and business automation solutions provider, has acquired Secure Designs Inc. (SDI), a well-known MSSP and SonicWall partner that manages firewall equipment for small business customers.
The Changing Data Security Landscape — Database Trends and Applications
- The SonicWall 2018 Cyber Threat Report is used in an analysis of the overall risk landscape for cybersecurity.
- Debasish Mukherjee, Country Manager India & SAARC SonicWall sat down with ETCIO to discuss the country’s expansion in Bangalore, India.
Cyber Security News
- Research from IBM Security and data security firm Threatcare that looked at sensor hubs from three companies—Libelium, Echelon, and Battelle—that sell systems to underpin smart city schemes.
Network of 15,000 bots used to spread cryptocurrency giveaway spam via Twitter — SC Magazine
- A recently developed methodology for identifying Twitter bot accounts in large quantities turned up a cryptocurrency scam botnet operation found to leverage at least 15,000 bots to submit bogus tweets and likes.
Internet of Things Adoption to Rise Despite Security, Data Integration Challenges — The Wall Street Journal
- Firms continue to adopt Internet of Things technologies, but believe large-scale deployments and returns on investment may take longer than expected to materialize due to ongoing security and implementation challenges.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. blamed a variant of the 2017 WannaCry ransomware for the unprecedented shutdown of several plants, as it ramps up chipmaking for Apple Inc.’s next iPhones
Atlanta’s Reported Ransomware Bill: Up to $17 Million — Bank Info Security
- The cost of the city of Atlanta’s mitigation and subsequent IT overhaul following a massive SamSam ransomware infection earlier this year could reach $17 million.
In Case You Missed It
- SonicWall’s Bill Conner, Steve Pataky Honored in CRN Top 100 Executives List for 2018 — Geoff Blaine
- SonicWall’s Consistent Value, Cyber Security Effectiveness Earn ‘Recommended’ Rating from NSS Labs — Atul Dhablania
- What Is SonicWall Partner Enabled Services? — Gary Staff
- SonicWall Leans into Mid-Tier Enterprise Market for Next Phase of Company Growth, Leadership with Expansion of Disruptive Cloud-based Platform — Press Release
- SonicWall Wins 7 New Awards, Bringing 2018 Total to Over 30 — SonicWall Staff
- Inside the Cloud Sandbox: How Capture Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) Works — Brook Chelmo
- Capture Client Endpoint Protection: What’s New in Version 1.5 — Brook Chelmo