Each week, SonicWall collects the cyber security industry’s most compelling, trending and important interviews, media and news stories — just for you.
Cloud Encryption Market: Security to Remain Primary Factor for Adoption of Cloud Encryption — Tech You n Me
- This article reviews the cloud encryption market and how key players like SonicWall are releasing innovative new products, like the company’s range of cloud security products that includes the SonicWall Cloud Analytics application for deep security data analysis and automated breach detection.
Sophos XG vs SonicWall NS: Top NGFWs Compared — eSecurity Planet
- In an article detailing the strengths and weaknesses of top vendor next-generation firewalls (NGFWs), the SonicWall NSA is featured in comparison to the Sophos XG.
Cyber Security News
How a Few People Took Equifax to Small Claims Court Over Its Data Breach and Won — The New York Times
- After 145 million Americans’ financial information was exposed last year, some of them won cases against the credit reporting agency in local courts.
- Randall Charles Tucker was given a 20-month sentence Tuesday after pleading guilty earlier this year to one count of felony intentional damage to a protected computer. He had faced as many as 41 months.
- Researchers are warning of a new Netflix phishing scam that leads victims to sites with valid Transport Layer Security (TLS) certificates.
Korean Cryptocurrency Exchange Bithumb Loses More Than $30 Million in Hack — The Wall Street Journal
- Seoul-based bitcoin exchange Bithumb said Wednesday it had lost over $30 million as the result of being hacked, the second cyberattack in two weeks to hit a major South Korean cryptocurrency exchange as safety concerns hamper the industry and weigh on prices.
- Dubbed Mylobot after a researcher’s pet dog, the origins of the malware and its delivery method are currently unknown, but it appears to have a connection to Locky ransomware – one of last year’s most prolific forms of malware.
- China-based hackers infiltrated satellite operators, defense contractors and telecommunications companies in the U.S. and southeast Asia, according to researchers at Symantec Corp.
In Case You Missed It
- Should I Become an MSSP? 13 Considerations from MSP Expo — Scott McCrady
- May 2018: Cyberattack Volume Continues Rise, Ransomware Attempts Jump 299 Percent — Geoff Blaine
- How to Evaluate & Compare Antivirus Solutions — Brook Chelmo
- eWeek Goes 1-on-1 with SonicWall CEO Bill Conner — Andrew Dean