Ransomware attacks have been in the headlines a lot of late. Did you know that 65% of all ransomware attacks happen through phishing emails? Therefore, email security needs to be a major focus when delivering security awareness training. It is likely that future variants of the recent WannaCry ransomware attack will be delivered via phishing emails.
We enjoyed a “winning” week engaging with our loyal customers and partners at Dell EMC World, attended by more than 12,000 IT professionals like you.
SonicWall had a strong and visible presence, with one key goal: to maintain and strengthen our ties with Dell and our mutual customers and partners.
SonicWall is thrilled to be a silver sponsor at Dell EMC World (May 8 – 11 in Las Vegas) in booth #1515. While we are now a separate organization from Dell, we continue our close longtime partnership.
This year’s event theme is “Realize your Digital Future.” Organizations today are looking to transform their business to drive IT innovation, enhance workforce mobility and reduce risk.
Join SonicWall at CeBIT 2017 on the 20-24th of March, in Hannover, Germany.
With “Experience the Digital Transformation” as this year’s theme, IT Security will be at the forefront of the visitors’ agenda, alongside other leading-edge technologies, such as artificial intelligence, humanoid robots and applications of virtual reality. But security can’t be an afterthought!
SonicWall Email Security 9.0 with Capture ATP Service is available worldwide today. Leveraging a highly-scalable and redundant architecture, SonicWall Email Security 9.0 integrates with our award-winning Capture Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) Service, to deliver a cloud-based, multi-engine sandbox that not only inspects email traffic for suspicious code, but also blocks ransomware, zero-day and other malicious files from entering the network until a verdict is reached.
Ransomware attacks in 2016 grew by 167x year-over-year to 638 million. As today’s malware and ransomware pose ever evolving malicious, zero-day threats, organizations need to defend their network’s beyond their perimeters. SonicWall introduces a powerful defense: the new SonicWall Email Security 9.0 integrates with our award-winning Capture Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) Service.
- SonicWall enhances its security portfolio, introducing innovations in email security and next-generation firewall solutions to protect against the newest threats in 2017.
- SonicWall Email Security 9.0 with Capture Advanced Threat Protection Service provides comprehensive next-generation email security protection to prevent ransomware and emerging zero-day attacks.
- The Email Security portfolio is available for enterprises and managed service providers as a hardware appliance, a hardened virtual appliance, software and as a hosted cloud service.
- The volume of unique malware samples declined to 60 million, a 6.25 percent decrease.
- Point-of-sale malware creation have declined by 93 percent since 2014.
- Secure Sockets Layer/Transport Layer Security encrypted traffic increased by 38 percent year-over-year.
- Cyber criminals shifted their focus to new threats, including ransomware attacks which grew by 167x year-over-year.
In the war against cyber crime, no one gets to avoid battle. That’s why it’s crucial that each of us is proactive in understanding the innovation and advancements being made on both sides of the cybersecurity arms race. To that end, today we introduced the 2017 SonicWall Annual Threat Report, offering clients, businesses, cybersecurity peers and industry media and analysts a detailed overview of the state of the cybersecurity landscape.
The 2017 RSA Conference opens at Moscone Center in San Francisco next week, February 13-17. One of the biggest cybersecurity events of the year, the conference allows thousands of industry professionals to interact with leading security experts to learn about the latest threats, strategies and techniques to combat increasingly more devastating cyber-attacks.