This week, the U.S. cyber czar gets new powers, a video game giant gets breached, and Robinhood gets sued.
SonicWall in the News
Defending Against SolarWinds Attacks: What Can Be Done? — TechTarget: SearchSecurity
- Dmitriy’s zero-trust commentary was included in this article on how zero-trust and behavioral monitoring can be useful against nation-state attacks like the SolarWinds attack.
Cybersecurity Sales: Do You Have What It Takes to Succeed — Help Net Security
- An interview with Terry Geer-King on his career growth was shared on Help Net Security.
CISA Warns Organizations About Attacks on Cloud Services — Security Week
- In light of successful cyberattacks targeting organizations’ cloud services, the U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency has published a series of recommendations on how businesses can improve their cloud security.
- The “Classiscam” operation is made up of around 40 groups operating in the U.S. and across several European countries.
- Iranian hackers managed to successfully hide URLs to phishing sites behind legitimate google.com links.
Hackers’ Attack on Email Security Company Raises New Red Flags — The New York Times
- A breach at email security provider Mimecast underscores that Russia-linked hackers appear to have targeted victims along multiple avenues of attack.
Data Breach at ‘Resident Evil’ Gaming Company Widens — Threat Post
- Capcom, the game developer behind Resident Evil, Street Fighter and Dark Stalkers, now says its recent attack compromised the personal data of up to 400,000 gamers.
Hacker sells Aurora Cannabis files stolen in Christmas cyberattack — Bleeping Computer
- A hacker is selling data stolen from cannabis giant Aurora Cannabis after breaching their systems on Christmas.
- The new Bureau of Cyberspace Security and Emerging Technologies (CSET) will help lead diplomatic efforts in cyberspace, including working to prevent cyber conflicts with potentially adversarial nations.
- Most of the Ryuk gang’s “earnings” are being cashed out through accounts at crypto-exchanges Binance and Huobi.
Sealed U.S. Court Records Exposed in SolarWinds Breach — Krebs on Security
- The ongoing SolarWinds breach may have jeopardized the privacy of countless sealed court documents on file with the U.S. federal court system, according to a memo.
- New authorities from the recently enacted defense bill are expected to help the U.S. government in its response to the SolarWinds hack believed to be perpetrated by Russia.
- Siddharth Mehta said in a complaint provided by his lawyer that his account was looted of “tens of thousands of dollars” in July.
In Case You Missed It
- SonicWall CEO Talks Federal Cybersecurity, Resiliency and Ryuk — Amber Wolff
- Massive Supply-Chain Attack Targets SolarWinds Orion Platform — Brook Chelmo
- SonicWall Sweeps Six Industry Awards, Including Grand Trophy, at Network Product Guide 2020 IT World Awards — Brook Chelmo
- SonicWall Celebrates 20 Years of Delivering World-Class Cybersecurity Solutions in Mexico — Eustolio Villalobos
- SMA100 Series Cloud Management and Reporting 1.0 Delivers Simplicity and Visibility — Agasthiamani Sankaran