Cybersecurity News & Trends
This week marks one of the biggest launches in SonicWall history, bringing with it a comprehensive set of new solutions designed to increase security, simplify management and meet the challenges of today’s cybersecurity reality.
SonicWall’s Biggest Launch To-Date Delivers Future-Proof Security, Remotely — CRN TV
- CRN’s video discusses SonicWall CEO Bill Conner’s leadership and showcases the importance of SonicWall to the channel and the industry overall.
SonicWall Leads SMB Market To Resolve Stretched Security Budgets And Risks For Newly Extended Remote Workforces — Source Security
- SonicWall is introducing new zero-touch enabled, multi-gigabit SonicWall TZ firewalls with SD-Branch capabilities, along with a redesigned cloud-native management console.
SonicWall Refreshes High End Both Enterprise and SMB Firewalls — ChannelBuzz
- ChannelBuzz highlights the new versions of SonicWall’s firewalls and includes commentary from Bill Conner on the importance of the launch.
SonicWall Sounds Off On Next-Gen Security Line Up — SDxCentral
- SDxCentral explains how SonicWall’s Gen 7 offerings expand the company’s enterprise capabilities and strengthen its current portfolio of products.
SonicWall Ships High-Speed Firewalls for SMB and Branch Office Environments — The ChannelPro Network
- In a feature on SonicWall’s Gen 7 launch, the ChannelPro Network discusses SonicWall’s new firewall appliances.
Israel Says It Thwarted Cyber Attack Targeting Defense Industry — Bloomberg
- Israel has announced it foiled a cyberattack targeting its defense industry by a shadowy group that the U.S. has linked to North Korea. .
Agent Tesla Spyware Adds Fresh Tricks to Its Arsenal — Threat Post
- The RAT is surging in 2020, becoming more prevalent than even the infamous TrickBot or Emotet malware.
Trump Moves on China Apps May Create New Internet ‘Firewall’ — Security Week
- A Trump administration ban on apps such as TikTok and WeChat risks fragmenting an already fragile global internet and creating an American version of China’s “Great Firewall.
Avaddon ransomware launches data leak site to extort victims — Bleeping Computer
- The Avaddon ransomware operators’ site will be used to publish the stolen data of victims who do not pay a ransom demand.
Hacked government, college sites push malware via fake hacking tools — Bleeping Computer
- A large scale hacking campaign appears to offer articles on hacking social network accounts, but instead delivers malware and scams.
UN reports sharp increase in cybercrime during pandemic — The Washington Times
- A 350% increase in phishing websites was reported in Q1 2020, many targeting hospitals and health care systems responding to the COVID-19 pandemic
Magecart group uses homoglyph attacks to fool you into visiting malicious websites — ZDNet
- A new campaign is utilizing the Inter kit and favicons to hide skimming activities.
Maryland officials warn gun dealers about phishing scams — The Washington Times
- Authorities in Maryland have issued an advisory about an apparent email phishing scam targeting firearms dealers in the state.
In Case You Missed It
- Bring the Power of RTDMI Analysis On-Premises with CSa 1000 — Dmitriy Ayrapetov
- SonicWall NSM: Centralized Firewall Management that Scales for Any Environment — Ken Dang
- New SonicWall NSsp 15700 Firewall: Security for Modern Enterprises — Mallik Vatti
- New SonicWall TZ570 and TZ670: Security for Modern SMBs and Branches — Sathya Thammanur
- New SonicWall SonicOSX 7.0 and SonicOS 7.0 Operating Systems Offer Visibility and Simplicity — Srudi Dineshan
- New SonicWall Solutions Deliver Security, Simplicity and Value — Bill Conner
- What’s the Malware Capital of the US? — Amber Wolff