This week, catch the SonicWall roadshow across Europe, ransomware is targeting K-12 systems, and Magecart hasn’t gone away.
- SonicWall CEO Bill Conner outlines the current rising ransomware risks for K-12 institutions and city municipalities in his latest piece written for the Forbes Technology council, recommending a layered security strategy as the best way to stop the threats.
- Hit the road and come back for more and more! SonicWall partners should take the chance to see the SonicWall Roadshow in their city over October and November. Catch up on new products, talk to SonicWall executives and join in the fun learning about the future direction of the company and the world of cyber in general.
SaaS Application Security: 7 Risks to Mitigate – MSSP Alert
- Rule Number 1: It may be 2019 but don’t fool yourself into thinking that phishing is no longer a threat… Shannon Emmons of SonicWall lists the seven primary security risks that anyone considering SaaS security needs to consider.
SonicWall CEO: ‘Direct Touch’ Model Has Helped Us Win More Enterprise Accounts – Channel Partner Insight
- Bill Conner, CEO of SonicWall, is quoted by Channel Partner Insight discussing winning contracts via a strategy of direct touch. EMEA Director Michael Berg also weighs in giving an update on the UK, Germany and Middle East market.
- SonicWall’s David Chamberlin explains the role of a Chief Marketing Officer to VarIndia, breaking down how the role has changed over the years and outlining SonicWall’s current market position and plans.
The New Edward Snowden Book Is Being Used to Spread Malware – Verdict (UK)
- Cybercriminals are capitalizing on the release of whistleblower Edward Snowden’s new book, Permanent Record, to spread banking malware Emotet via a spear phishing campaign that hides malware in a Microsoft Word file.
- The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency’s (CISA) second annual national cybersecurity summit was recently held at National Harbor. Senator Ron Johnson drew attention to the growing need for guidance in cybersecurity in 5G technology and CISA Director Chris Krebs also spoke about how international boundaries can fall away when it comes to cyberthreats, calling for a greater participation between government and businesses so as to more effectively fight cybercrime.
Ransomware Strikes 49 School Districts & Colleges in 2019 – Dark Reading
- Underlining SonicWall CEO Bill Conner’s article on rising ransomware threats in K-12 businesses, Dark Reading reports that almost 50 districts have been hit by Ransomware attacks in 2019, with ten victims in the previous nine days alone.
- In a survey of over 1000 industry personnel, a new study found that only 28% consider themselves to be fully GDPR compliant. In the responses, 36% believe the requirements of GDPR are too complex while one third of respondents say that the financial costs of achieving alignment with GDPR are too prohibitive.
- After suffering a number of public cybersecurity embarrassments in the past, the motor industry is now tackling the issue head-on; there has been exponential growth in the area with cybersecurity requirements now numbering in the hundreds of pages, up from just a single page five years ago.
- It hasn’t gone away; a fresh wave of Magecart-linked attacks is currently taking place with the hotel booking websites the latest victims.
In Case You Missed It
- it-SA 2019: SonicWall’s Integrated Cybersecurity Platform – Jan Patrick Schlögell
- SonicWall Hits the Road for the 2019 EMEA SecureFirst Partner Roadshow Series – Terry Greer-King
- SonicWall Awarded USETPA Contract – David Bankemper
- GITEX 2019: SonicWall Heads to the Biggest Tech Show in the Middle East, North Africa & South Asia – Mohamed Abdallah
- 7 Key Security Risks to Address when Adopting SaaS Applications – Shannon Emmons