Each week, SonicWall collects the cyber security industry’s most compelling, trending and important interviews, media and news stories — just for you.
- SonicWall researchers have completed a special analysis of cyber threat data and attacks for the busiest online shopping period of the year. SonicWall CMO David Chamberlin explains the newest cyberattack trends to have emerged over the Black Friday and Cyber Monday weekend.
Best in Biz Awards 2018 Winners – Best in Biz
- SonicWall win two awards with a Gold for Most Innovative Product of the Year – SMB for our Capture Cloud Platform, and a Silver for Support Department of the Year.
SonicWall Aims to Be an All-Round Player in Security Solutions: COO Atul Dhablania – Tech Circle (India)
- Atul Dhablania is interviewed by Tech Circle about SonicWall’s presence in the region, the Internet of Things, and the current cybersecurity landscape.
Cyber Security News
A Plan to Turn New York Into a Capital of Cybersecurity – New York Times
- They’re calling it “Cyber NYC” and it’s an ambitious plan to turn New York City into a global leader of cybersecurity innovation and job creation.
ThreatList: Cryptominers Dominate Malware Growth in 2018 – Threat Post
- Kaspersky Lab figures say cryptomining botnets have jumped from 2.9 percent of botnets in 2017 to 4.6 percent in 2018. It’s a problem SonicWall has noticed as well.
Buckle Up: A Closer Look at Airline Security Breaches – Dark Reading
- An in-depth look at how and why there has been so many Airline security breaches recently and the big question, could a cybercriminal take a plane down from the sky?
Half of All Phishing Sites Now Have the Padlock – Krebs on Security
- Once upon a time the security padlock was enough to tell you if a website was legitimate, this is no longer the case.
- Having previously settled in the US, Uber received a fine in Europe for not sufficiently disclosing their 2016 data breach.
- Cyberattacks reach a peak around the holiday season but ZDNet argue that understaffing over Christmas leaves many companies open to further attacks.
The Case for Protecting Small Firms From Cyber Lawsuits – Wall Street Journal
- Small companies often do not have the resources to be able to meet the strictest cybersecurity standards. Two academics argue that they should not be financially penalized in the same way as larger corporations can be.
In Case You Missed It
- 3 Ways to Prevent Cryptominers from Stealing Your Processing Power – Brook Chelmo
- SonicWall Wins Gold and Silver in Best in Biz Awards 2018 – Nicole Landfield
- Historic Black Friday, Cyber Monday Threat Data Prepares Businesses, Shoppers for Holiday Cyberattacks – Scott Grebe
- October 2018 Cyber Threat Data: Web App Attacks, Ransomware Continue Upward Trend – John Lynch
- Bill Conner: We Need a ‘Single, Comprehensive National Cybersecurity Strategy’ – Geoff Blaine
- Why SMBs Continue to Drive Growth in Managed Security Demand – Charles Ho