Each week, SonicWall collects the cyber security industry’s most compelling, trending and important interviews, media and news stories — just for you.
- SonicWall CEO Bill Conner has written an op-ed with his three policy prescriptions for the U.S. government following the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Small Business Cybersecurity Act and The National Cyber Strategy being signed into law.
- With Black Friday and Cyber Monday upon us cybercriminals are working overtime to find a gap in your cyber defense. We look at last year’s leap in malware attacks and advise on how to protect your business.
- Sean Michael Kerner, senior editor at eWEEK, speaks to SonicWall’s Lawrence Pingree about SonicWall’s recent product expansion.
5 Key Skills for Next-Gen Communicators – Commpro
- SonicWall’s David Chamberlin was recently featured on a panel discussion, How To Stay Relevant as a Communications Executive in 2020. Commpro has pulled the discussion together into a handy infographic.
Cyber Security News
Amazon Data Breach Reveals Private Details of Customers Ahead of Black Friday – The Telegraph (UK)
- On the eve of some of the busiest shopping days of the year, Amazon confirmed a leak of customer names and emails.
VisionDirect Blindsided by Magecart in Data Breach – Threat Post
- After VisionDirect confirmed a data breach exposing full names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, passwords and payment card data, security researchers are saying this is the latest case of the ever-prolific Magecart threat group.
- With the head of the UK National Cyber Security Centre previously stating that a major cybersecurity attack is a matter of “when, not if”, a new report from the UK’s Joint Committee on the National Security Strategy says the UK is still not facing up to cybersecurity threats.
Nine Cyber Security Predictions for 2019 – CSO Online
- Ransomware, regulation, cyberwarfare and more; CSO Online tries to predict where cybersecurity will go over the next 12 months.
- Facebook is appealing their £500,000 fine, arguing that there is no evidence that any UK citizens had their data shared with Cambridge Analytica.
- A new malware called L0rdix has been found by researchers. It still looks to be in the development stages but it already manages to combine cryptocurrency mining, data theft and the ability to avoid malware analysis.
- A recent study of Small and Medium Sized Businesses found over half of those surveyed have suffered from a data breach in the past year. Most respondents blame insufficient staff or cash, and a general lack of understanding of the threat landscape. SonicWall’s Charles Ho has some suggestions.
In Case You Missed It
- October 2018 Cyber Threat Data: Web App Attacks, Ransomware Continue Upward Trend – John Lynch
- Bill Conner: We Need a ‘Single, Comprehensive National Cybersecurity Strategy’ – Geoff Blaine
- Why SMBs Continue to Drive Growth in Managed Security Demand – Charles Ho
- Monitor & Optimize Your Cybersecurity Posture with Real-Time Risk Metering – Ken Dang
- Choosing a Firewall with PoE Integration – Scott Grebe
- What is Secure SD-WAN and How Can It Save Me Money? – Scott Grebe