Each week, SonicWall collects the cyber security industry’s most compelling, trending and important interviews, media and news stories — just for you.
Channelnomics Innovation Awards – Channelnomics
- SonicWall’s Steve Pataky is up for Security Channel Chief of the Year, vote for him today!
British Airways Confirms Theft of Additional Data – Silicon (UK)
- In light of many recent high-profile breaches, SonicWall CEO Bill Conner spoke to Silicon about the responsibility that companies bear when guarding customer data.
2018 ChannelPro SMB All-Stars – ChannelPro
- SonicWall has been named one of the ChannelPro 2018 SMB All-Stars, an award that honors organizations that do something “truly special” with “significant impact on the SMB channel.”
Cyber Security News
Canada’s Mandatory Breach Notification Rules Now in Effect – Bank Info Security
- As of Nov. 1, Canadian organizations must record all data breaches, big or small, and report major ones. Records must be kept for at least two years.
- Loyalty members of the Radisson Hotel Group have email addresses, phone numbers and more leaked. No financial data is said to be exposed.
- Homeland Security has until April 2019 to develop a tool that will map cybersecurity problems in federal agencies following a report in May of this year that found that up to three-quarters of federal agencies were at risk of a breach.
- There’s a free decryption tool now available if you’re caught by GandCrab, but in the past 3 months alone the ransomware is still estimated to have netted its owners $300 million.
Mirai Co-Author Gets 6 Months Confinement, $8.6M in Fines for Rutgers Attacks – Krebs On Security
- The convicted co-author of the Mirai botnet malware has been sentenced to 2,500 hours of community service, six months home confinement and ordered to pay $8.6 million for his use of Mirai in attacks against Rutgers University, New Jersey.
- JuiceChecker-3PC is a clever mobile malware that doesn’t run when a phone battery is low or high in an attempt to avoid detection by security programs that are activated when a phone is charging.
- Magecart’s prolific streak continues as electronics outlet Kitronik join British Airways and Ticketmaster in confirming that it has been hit by the malware. Data exposed this time includes complete card details, names and addresses.
In Case You Missed It
- Cybersecurity for SMBs: Bundled Network Security Delivers Cost-Effective Protection – Steve Pataky
- Bypassing Government Security Controls with Customized Malware – Brook Chelmo
- 4 Ways SonicWall & ConnectWise Simplify Security Management for MSPs – Ken Dang
- The libssh Vulnerability: What’s at Risk & How SonicWall Helps Prevent It – Rob Krug
- SonicWall Extends Next-Generation Firewalls to Public Cloud Deployments, Including AWS and Azure – Srudi Dineshan
- 3 Elements of a Successful Managed Security Services (MSS) Bundle – Joe Velderman