Each week, SonicWall collects the cyber security industry’s most compelling, trending and important interviews, media and news stories — just for you.
Air Canada Presses Reset After App Security Snafu – Infosecurity Magazine
- SonicWall CEO Bill Conner talks to Infosecurity Magazine about the wider implications of the Air Canada app data breach.
- In an article detailing the recent T-Mobile and Sprint security breaches ahead of the announced mega-merger, SonicWall’s Bill Conner is featured as a security expert providing perspective on the significance of these security breaches for companies.
Fortnite app for Android let hackers hijack players’ phones, Google warn – The Independent (UK)
- SonicWall’s VP of Product Management Lawrence Pingree is featured providing commentary to the recent Fortnite vulnerability and the risk organizations face as Fortnite continues to grow.
Cyber Security News
- In 2017 there was a massive cyberattack that caused billions of dollars of damage worldwide, including almost completely wiping out the systems of a one of the biggest international shipping firms. This is the full story of NotPetya.
- The Pentagon and Silicon Valley eye each other up and try and find a common ethical middle ground so they can work together.
- Cybercrime changes but never goes away.
- 51.8 percent of the top million websites ranked by Alexa are now using HTTPS, with a little help from Google Chrome and a shaming website.
How Mindfulness Can Help Prevent Hacks, and Four More Cybersecurity Tips – University of Virginia Today
- This blog might be what you need if all this cybercrime news is getting you down.
In Case You Missed It
- Advancing Beyond Hygiene to Next-Gen Email Protection Services – Scott McCrady and Ganesh Umapathy
- New NIST Cybersecurity Policy Provides Guidance, Opportunities for SMBs – Geoff Blaine
- Report: Business Email Compromise (BEC) Now A $12.5 Billion Scam – Ganesh Umapathy
- Foreshadow Vulnerability (L1TF) Introduces New Risks to Intel Processors – Lawrence Pingree
- July 2018 Cyber Threat Intelligence: Malware, Ransomware Attack Volume Still Climbing – Geoff Blaine
- Upgrade Your SonicWall Next-Generation Firewall with ‘3 & Free’ Program – Steve Pataky