Each week, SonicWall collects the cyber security industry’s most compelling, trending and important interviews, media and news stories — just for you.
CEO Spotlight- Bill Conner, SonicWall — 1080 KRLD Radio
- Bill Conner and David Johnson sit down and discuss SonicWall’s momentum, attack vectors threatening business and what’s happening in cybersecurity today on David’s CEO Spotlight radio segment.
- The recent SonicWall and Brightstar India partnership news continues to garner coverage featuring the launch of Security as a Service (SeCaaS) in the region.
- SonicWall’s Debasish Mukherjee, Country Manager India & SAARC, explains how crucial digital infrastructure is in transforming the cities of the future and how the role of new-age trends — like IoT, cloud and machine learning — drive the growth of the network security market.
Cyber Security News
- A security flaw within Intel Core and Xeon processors can be potentially exploited to swipe sensitive data from the chips’ math processing units.
U.S. warns World Cup attendees of Russian hacking risks — The Washington Times
- World Cup attendees risk having their personal data compromised by hackers, state-sponsored or otherwise, the head of the U.S. National Counterintelligence and Security Center warned ahead of the annual soccer tournament starting in Russia this week.
- Researchers say the Chinese threat actors behind the campaign aimed to compromise government resources.
- Another fallout from the massive Yahoo data breach that dates back to 2014: The UK’s data watchdog issued a £250,000 (about $334,000 USD) penalty for violations of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Police have carried out a worldwide wave of arrests that have seen 74 people detained and over $16 million in purloined funds seized by suspected whalers or business email compromise (BEC) fraudsters.
- Banco de Chile has become the latest victim in a string of cyberattacks targeting the payment transfer systems of banks. Hackers reportedly used a variant of the complex KillDisk wiper malware to distract attention before targeting systems linked to the SWIFT inter-bank transfer network.
In Case You Missed It
- May 2018: Cyberattack Volume Continues to Rise, Ransomware Attempts Jump 299 Percent — Geoff Blaine
- How to Evaluate & Compare Antivirus Solutions — Brook Chelmo
- eWeek Goes 1-on-1 with SonicWall CEO Bill Conner — Andrew Dean
- Report: Low Confidence in Stopping Business Email Compromise (BEC), CEO Fraud — Ganesh Umapathy
- Why I Joined SonicWall — Lawrence Pingree
- Frequently Asked Questions: The E-rate Program — Geoff Blaine
- New Cyber Threat Intelligence Shows Growing Malware Volume, Encrypted Attacks — Geoff Blaine