Each week, SonicWall collects the cyber security industry’s most compelling, trending and important interviews, media and news stories — just for you.
Facebook Hack: People’s Accounts Appear for Sale on Dark Web – The Independent (UK)
- SonicWall CEO Bill Conner shares his thoughts on the fallout from the recent Facebook hack.
The A-Z of Security Threats 2018 – ITPro
- SonicWall’s Laurence Pingree mans the letter E in this alphabet of cybersecurity threats for 2018.
- Congratulations to John Mullen, included in the CRN 2018 list.
UK and Allies Accuse Russia of Cyber Attack Campaign – ComputerWeekly
- SonicWall CEO Bill Conner encourages global co-operation following the UK National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) directly linking Russia with cyberattacks.
Cyber Security News
National Cybersecurity Awareness Month – Official Website
- October marks the 15th annual National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM). Follow the activity online using the hashtags #NCSAM and #CyberAware.
- Hardware hacks are rare but, if successful, the payoff for them can be huge. Both Amazon and Apple may have been the victim of such a hack.
- A very sophisticated Internet of Things botnet has been found and experts are impressed, “The author is not your average script kiddie.”
BUPA Fined $228,000 After Stolen Data Surfaces on Dark Web – BankInfoSecurity
- British data-protection regulators are taking a dim view of companies who are not exercising good cybersecurity practises.
- A security incident has led to a possible leak of patient information online.
Facebook Hack Puts Thousands of Other Sites at Risk – The New York Times
- The Facebook hack has major implications for any site that uses Facebook as a login tool.
- If you’re looking to cheat at Fortnite then you are at risk of being cheated yourself.
In Case You Missed It
- Top 7 Cybersecurity Tips Anyone Can Use at Home – Terri O’Leary
- Protecting What’s Important: How to Keep Your Family Safe from Online Threats – Geoff Blaine
- The Evolution of Next-Generation Antivirus for Stronger Malware Defense – Lawrence Pingree
- How MSSPs & Artificial Intelligence Can Mitigate Zero-Day Threats – James Whewell
- August 2018 Cyber Threat Data: Monthly Attacks Slow, Yearly Volume Up Across the Board – Geoff Blaine