Each week, SonicWall collects the cyber security industry’s most compelling, trending and important interviews, media and news stories — just for you.
- With 122 reviews and a 4.3 rating, SonicWall is recognized as a 2018 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Unified Threat Management, reflecting commitment to partners and customers in providing top-tier cyber security solutions, along with an exceptional customer experience to support it.
- This recognition brings SonicWall to a total of 42 industry honors so far in 2018.
SonicWall CEO Bill Conner On Cybersecurity Trends CEOs Should Know – Chief Executive Magazine
- SonicWall CEO Bill Conner talks about the cybersecurity trends that CEOs should be paying attention to in this profile by Chief Executive Magazine.
ChannelPro Weekly Podcast: Episode #089 – Mimeographs Are Extinct. Are You? – Channelpro Podcast
- SonicWall TZ500 Wireless-AC Gen 6 Firewall is the tech pick of the week.
Cyber Security News
- In 2016, not wanting to expose a leak, Uber paid big money to a hacker who had gained access to 600,000 driver’s names and license numbers.
After falling victim to a ransomware attack, Pennsylvania Senate Democrats refused to pay the $30,000 ransomware demand, opting instead to pay over $700,000 to Microsoft to rebuild its IT infrastructure.
- The White House has announced a new National Cyber Strategy that they are calling the first Cybersecurity Strategy in 15 years.
Some Credential-Stuffing Botnets Don’t Care About Being Noticed Any More – The Register (UK)
- The “low and slow” covert method of malicious logins previously employed has been replaced by some bots with pure volume; one US credit union saw almost 9 thousand attempts per hour.
- It’s a long-running patent drama but Qualcomm have filed papers against Apple saying they used Qualcomm software and log files without permission to “improve the sub-par performance of Intel’s chipsets.”
In Case You Missed It
- The Evolution of Next-Generation Antivirus for Stronger Malware Defense – Lawrence Pingree
- How MSSPs & Artificial Intelligence Can Mitigate Zero-Day Threats – James Whewell
- August 2018 Cyber Threat Data: Monthly Attacks Slow, Yearly Volume Up Across the Board – Geoff Blaine
- How Everyone Can Implement SSL Decryption & Inspection – Beau Beamesderfer
- Infographic: Ransomware’s Devasting Impact on Real-World Businesses – Geoff Blaine