Each week, SonicWall collects the cyber security industry’s most compelling, trending and important interviews, media and news stories — just for you.
Business Live – BBC
- SonicWall CEO Bill Conner appears live discussing cybersecurity on the flagship BBC business program.
Security Success in 2018 and Beyond – Channelnomics
- SonicWall is a winner in the 2018 Channelnomics Security Awards for the Best Security Partner Program
SonicWall CEO rallies partners to fend off non-standard ports threat – Computer Weekly
- At the PEAK 2018 event in London, SonicWall CEO Bill Conner takes time to talk to Computer Weekly about the growth in cyberattacks through non-standard ports and what SonicWall is doing to defeat them.
Cyber Security News
- New research data shows that the malware that can be found in both IOS and Android devices has been deployed by governmental regimes worldwide.
The Cyberthreats That Most Worry Election Officials – The Wall Street Journal
- States and counties are busy preparing for the upcoming elections with drills and simulations of potential cyberattacks. The Wall Street Journal documents some of the biggest cyberthreats and what is being done to prevent them.
- An auditor’s report recently made public exposes in detail the number of avoidable missteps that led to the hack of Equifax in May to July 2017.
- Over on the Dark Web cyberattackers are undercutting the market with cheap frequent flyer miles, including 100,000 British Airwaves air miles for sale for as little as $144.
- The US cyber defense strategy is moving increasingly towards an aggressive stance, with attack being the best form of defense.
- China celebrates Cybersecurity Week by releasing a patriotic song praising their digital defenses.
In Case You Missed It
- August 2018 Cyber Threat Data: Monthly Attacks Slow, Yearly Volume Up Across the Board – Geoff Blaine
- How Everyone Can Implement SSL Decryption & Inspection – Beau Beamesderfer
- Infographic: Ransomware’s Devasting Impact on Real-World Businesses – Geoff Blaine
- 4 Ways to Protect Your Virtualized Infrastructure – Beau Beamesderfer
- Advancing Beyond Hygiene to Next-Gen Email Protection Services – Scott McCrady and Ganesh Umapathy
- New NIST Cybersecurity Policy Provides Guidance, Opportunities for SMBs – Geoff Blaine