Each week, SonicWall collects the cyber security industry’s most compelling, trending and important interviews, media and news stories — just for you.
- As a result of the recent elimination of the White House cybersecurity coordinator role, SonicWall CEO Bill Conner is featured for his perspective and insight into what the move implies for the future of cybersecurity policy.
SonicWall Pushes Capture Cloud Platform with Endpoint Security — Chinabyte.com
- SonicWall’s recent updates including the company’s new Capture Cloud Platform, enhanced RTDMI technology and more are featured in this article.
Cybersecurity Sourcebook 2018 Looks at Evolving Data Threat Landscape — Database Trends & Applications
- This article explains the serious need to safeguard data using key SonicWall threat data. Specifically, they’ve included stats sharing that cyberattacks are becoming the number-one risk to businesses, brands, operations, and financials, and that there were 9.32 billion malware attacks in total in 2017, representing an 18.4% increase over 2016.
Cyber Security News
- The malware, dubbed WinstarNssmMiner by 360 Total Security researchers, has been used in half a million attempted attacks leveraged at PCs in only three days.
- Congress wants a detailed explanation on what cybersecurity threats the Chinese phone company poses.
- Mexico’s central bank said on Wednesday that a cyber attack had sucked around 300 million pesos ($15.33 million) in fraudulent transfers from five companies, but it was unclear how much thieves had managed to pull out in cash.
- The former CIA software engineer believed to have leaked the CIA’s Vault 7 hacking tools is already behind bars at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York City, after being indicted for possessing child pornography.
DHS Issues More Medical Device Cybersecurity Alerts — GovInfo Security
- The Department of Homeland Security has yet again issued a warning about cybersecurity vulnerabilities in medical devices. These warnings have come after independent researchers, or the companies themselves, have reported the problems.
Cybersecurity Whistleblowers are Growing Corporate Challenge — The Wall Street Journal
- Signals from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission over how seriously it takes cybersecurity, combined with a Supreme Court ruling on whistleblower protections, are putting pressure on companies to be more careful about how they deal with potential tipsters, lawyers say
In Case You Missed It
- The E-rate ‘Fear Less’ Technology Infrastructure — John Mullen
- Michele Campbell, Dawn Ringstaff Named to CRN’s 2018 Women of the Channel List — Terri O’Leary
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): Background, Context & FAQs — Bob Honour
- How SonicWall Adheres to GDPR Requirements — Bob Honour
- What is MU-MIMO wireless technology? — Srudi Dineshan
Upcoming Webinars & Events
11 a.m. PDT
Identify and Stop Malware in the Quickest and Most Accurate Way Possible
> Register Now
1 a.m. PDT
Technical Deep Dive – Securing Office 365 with SonicWall Email Security
> Register Now