Each week, SonicWall collects the cyber security industry’s most compelling, trending and important interviews, media and news stories — just for you.
Cybersecurity Sourcebook 2018 Looks at Evolving Data Threat Landscape — Database Trends & Applications
- This article explains the serious need to safeguard data using key SonicWall threat data. Specifically, they’ve included stats sharing that cyberattacks are becoming the number-one risk to businesses, brands, operations, and financials, and that there were 9.32 billion malware attacks in total in 2017, representing an 18.4% increase over 2016.
- In an article detailing the rise of BEC scams by the FBI, SonicWall President and CEO Bill Conner is quoted for his insight on the issue noting that technology such as DPI SSL can help as a preventative to potential breaches.
New Product Awards — The American Business Awards
- In this rundown of award winners, SonicWall is named Silver Winner in the category New Product or Service of the Year for its Capture Advanced Threat Protection Sandbox Service.
Cyber Security News
Phishing Threats Move to Mobile Devices — Dark Reading
- Mobile devices are emerging as a primary gateway for phishing attacks aimed at stealing data. Users are 18 times more likely to be exposed to a phishing attack than to malware.
- The FCC in December repealed the Obama-era “net neutrality” rules, allowing internet providers to block or slow websites as long as they disclose the practice. The FCC said the new rules will take effect 30 days from Friday.
- Symantec researchers have discovered malware in Google Play, the official Android app marketplace, after it had previously been removed.
FBI Says Internet Crimes Caused Reported Losses of $1.42 Billion in 2017 — The Washington Times
- The FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) received 301,580 complaints last year from individuals reporting a combined total of roughly $1.42 billion in related losses, according to the office’s 2017 Internet Crime Report.
Publicly Disclosed Breaches Down Drastically in Q1 2018 — Dark Reading
- Risk Based Security is reporting a significant drop in publicly disclosed breaches. Q1 2018 has been the quietest first quarter since 2012.
In Case You Missed It
- What is MU-MIMO wireless technology? — Srudi Dineshan
- The E-rate ‘Fear Less’ Solution — John Mullen
Upcoming Webinars & Events
11 a.m. PDT
Identify and Stop Malware in the Quickest and Most Accurate Way Possible
> Register Now
1 a.m. PDT
Technical Deep Dive – Securing Office 365 with SonicWall Email Security
> Register Now