Note: This is guest blog post by Bryan Chester, Vice President of North America Partner Software and Imaging Sales at Dell.
Email has long been acknowledged as a business critical application. However, it can expose your organization to devastating sabotage by offering hackers an easily accessible vehicle to exploit vulnerabilities in your organization’s network security.
There are a multitude of repercussions if email-based threats such as ransomware, phishing, or viruses make it into your email servers and users’ inboxes. Given today’s complex threats, it is crucial that organizations deploy a multi-layered security solution that includes dedicated, leading edge email protection.
Even with the knowledge of that threat, it is becoming increasingly difficult to accurately detect all of the bad emails without creating a bottleneck and dampening your employee productivity. This is especially true for emails containing attachments.
So what can you do to protect your environment at an email level while not slowing down your critical business processes? Dell and SonicWall can help you answer that question.
SonicWall Email Security leverages multiple patented SonicWall threat detection techniques and a unique worldwide attack identification and monitoring network. This next-generation SonicWall Email Security solution protects your organization from today’s most advanced email threats.
SonicWall Email Security includes the cloud-based Capture ATP (Advanced Threat Protection) service that can scan a broad range of email attachment types, analyze them in a multi-engine sandbox, and block dangerous files or emails before they reach your network. Email Security with Capture ATP gives you a highly effective and responsive defense against email threats, all at a low TCO.
SonicWall Email Security features include:
- Advanced Threat Protection: Integrates Capture cloud-based sandboxing technology for detection of zero-day threats such as ransomware, for fine-grained inspection of SMTP traffic
- Next-generation Email Protection: Incorporates anti-spam, anti-virus and anti-spoofing functionalities to not only detect and prevent spam and other unwanted email, but also scan email messages and attachments for ransomware, Trojan horses, worms and other types of malicious content.
- Improved Office 365 Support: Enhances security for multi-tenant environments by providing a method for ensured, mapped delivery of emails for SonicWall Hosted Email Security environments
- Updated Line of Appliances: Refreshes SonicWall’s line of Email Security Appliances (hardware and virtual options), helping customers to better face threats delivered by email.
- Encryption Protection: Supports not only SMTP Authentication, but also the encryption service feature enables any email containing protected data to be automatically encrypted, routed for approval or archived.
- Policy and Compliance Management: Enables an administrator to enact policies that filter messages and their contents as they enter or exit the organization. This allows organizations to meet regulatory requirements based on government legislation, industry standards or corporate governance activities.
- To learn more download the SonicWall Email Security 9.0 data sheet or view a live demo of the SonicWall Email Security Solution to see all of the latest enhancements.
Reach out to your Dell and SonicWall contacts today to learn more about how SonicWall Email Security can protect your organization by scanning all inbound and outbound email content and attachments for sensitive data, all while delivering real-time protection from spam, phishing, viruses, malicious URLs, spoofing, Denial of Service (DoS), and a myriad of other unknown and sometimes unimaginable attacks.